Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand 2021/22

Fletch

Supporting Member
Here's the Jersey buck my friend just shot... Huge body and his 2 miles in... Gonna be a long drag.... But hey it's his birthday.... Taking wife's car to help... Brakes are on hold... Guess that's what friends do...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    366.2 KB · Views: 150

Floki

Congrats on the deer!👊

Saw a doe and dawn at 848 914 had five does come buy hang out around 30 to 40 yards back and forth stayed till ten one doe was an old smart one. Very cautious to everything.

She came to ten yards sorta saw me but didn’t know .

She then did the infamous walk around. Caught a little of my stank ran back then they all cut in front of. And sorta went on their way. Not running but not walking.

About when that happens a little spike came buy saw the does which were up hill to the right of me.. He bolts straight towards me stops right where the first small buck I saw this morning 5 yards away. Looks me over then walks straight up the hill and away from where does went .

Funny as fuck I don’t get it .🤷🏼‍♂️ The whole time the does we’re around I was like okay come on where ya at looking for rack. Nothing. (Everyone knows that feeling this time of year and ya got a bunch of does right by ya)

Anyhow I’m soaked but I’m staying put if anything does come of their scent.. It’s going to have a bad day.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Great buck Fletch. Don't overdo it. In fact, find yourself a high school kid and pay him $50 to drag that deer out. 😁

Great buck for Carissa too! Congrats to her!
Or breakdown and get a deer cart…. Wheels are less friction, that is if it’s not in a gnarly messed up location 😂

Reactions: Fletch

Fletch

Supporting Member
Or breakdown and get a deer cart…. Wheels are less friction, that is if it’s not in a gnarly messed up location 😂
J.... Tons of logs rocks etc..... It's in the jet sled and we are pulling it... ( The deer )... He turned 51 today and I'm 71 on Monday.... Two old farts.... Thank God I can still do this stuff... He said THANKS to all that commented or gave a thumbs up....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
J.... Tons of logs rocks etc..... It's in the jet sled and we are pulling it... ( The deer )... He turned 51 today and I'm 71 on Monday.... Two old farts.... Thank God I can still do this stuff... He said THANKS to all that commented or gave a thumbs up....
Yeah, not conducive too that terrain that’s for sure. Jet sled is a nice secondary option…. Slow and steady wins the race!!!!

Reactions: Fletch

Fletch

Supporting Member
We are getting there... Got to kick it in the ass as I wanna get home to finish my brakes... I haven't even been out hunting yet... Don't know where Casper went from last year... Cams out since March and not a single pic of him....

Fletch

Supporting Member
I'm out... Deer weighed 185 lbs. at a local sport shop... Not sure of score on the rack, I'm guessing 140 ish. give or take... Spread is around 22-23 inches... Very happy for him as he worked hard for this deer... I'm beat I'll finish my brakes Sun... Very symetrical, just how I like them...

Attachments

• PXL_20211029_170214504.jpg
    PXL_20211029_170214504.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 123