Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE! From the Stand 2022-2023 Edition

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
Upon further review, I hit a small branch this am. I wondered why the arrow deflected the way it did. I guess I didn’t realize it in the heat of the moment and low light. I only noticed when I drew my bow back again before I climbed down and ran the scenario through my head again. Making lunch at the cabin then heading back in for our last evening hunt.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
so much for being caught up with the sandblasting and painting. It's great that I'm picking up more work but after working 55 hours a week at my normal job then doing the side work in the evening and weekends I need sometime in the woods to relax. Gonna try to slide into a blind tonight with savannah but have no clue on where to go my cams are really slow and no activity at the scrape cams either.

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
Back in this oak. Fresh tracks in the only scrape we could fine and tracks in our boot prints from our walk out this morning, guess we should’ve packed a lunch. Wind is the same as it was this morning and last night. In here a little earlier and quieter than yesterday, plus it’s almost 10° cooler too. After that buck encounter this am I’m pretty hopefully. My buddy had a nice 9 coming to him until a doe got him side tracked. Not sure if I’ll shoot a doe or not given the opportunity. It’ll be a very late night and a few miles to get it out of here, but we will see I guess. Good luck to anyone else out this evening.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Back out. My intent is to watch for rutting activity for the next couple of weeks before I take a doe. No hurries for me. I did capture that Bobcat again last night in the same spot & pretty much same time as two weeks go, so that leads me to believe he's a resident of the area. I also believe that they have been around this area for a number of years, but just more prolific to get a routine flair & sustain a territory more or less. I hope I lay eyes on him.

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
There was another truck parked at this public when we got here. Never saw him on the way in. I now hear a deer blowing from what sounds like 500 yds away to my SE. I’m willing to bet that’s where he went lol. I’ve seen 2 gray squirrels and a chipmunk so you could say it’s getting pretty serious. May try to do some calling, it’s pretty quiet other than the occasional 10mph gust of wind.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Grunted in an 8 point. Doe walked through.
BA495B98-FB8E-4B8B-A166-E72EFC55502F.jpeg