Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE! From the Stand 2022-2023 Edition

Floki

Been settled in for 15 min or so. Got in here plenty early knowing how close we are to apparent bedding. Bumped a few on the mile walk in, hoping it doesn’t have too much of an effect. Not sure how I feel about this wind, but should be ok- until the thermals do their thing and totally fugg me. Good luck to anyone else out.
Mile walk in …👀 Geeshus…🤣 Best of luck my freind you deserve a trophy for dat shit right there. 👍👍

Floki

We like this spot more than yesterdays… yesterdays spot was 2.5 miles in. I hate walking in these hills. I’m used to the NW flat lands lol

Wow.. I use to do stuff like that myself. Back when. Now I have no desire to.

My body tells me if I was that far back and shot a monster we both might be dead before I got it out.🤣🍻

Enjoy the hunt and if ya still can do it always go see what’s over the next hill.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Good luck fellas

FB_IMG_1667302273450.jpg

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
Hate admitting it, but absolutely whiffed a gimme 15 yd shot. Had a doe slinking behind me, was gonna let her have it, but she suddenly bounded down the hill. Wind never swirled and I never moved, I knew what was next. Here comes a perfect 8, prolly high 120s maybe 130? Had him at 8 yds on my bad side, I get turned around and adjusted and drew back. He had no idea I was there. It was a few minutes after legal light and I really wished I had my sight light on, thought I put my pin in the crease but apparently not. Shot high. Pin was set for 20, he was at 15 and downhill a decent bit. Totally sucks ass but at least I had a chance and I know I’m in the right area now. Better to have missed than wounded, and as they say “all the fun, none the mess” (still stings a bit tho lol)

Also sucks that I climbed down 20 minutes after first light to check my arrow, I hate leaving ground scent across the trail he came from, but I didn’t want to risk A. Another buck comes through and i don’t shoot at him because I thought I hit the first buck B. I shoot a second buck not realizing I actually did hit the first one. Lessons have been learned, hoping for a little more luck & a foot lower shot lol

Last edited:

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
Hate admitting it, but absolutely whiffed a gimme 15 yd shot. Had a doe slinking behind me, was gonna let her have it, but she suddenly bounded down the hill. Wind never swirled and I never moved, I knew what was next. Here comes a perfect 8, prolly high 120s maybe 130? Had him at 8 yds on my bad side, I get turned around and adjusted and drew back. He had no idea I was there. It was a few minutes after legal light and I really wished I had my sight light on, thought I put my pin in the crease but apparently not. Shot high. Pin was set for 20, he was at 15 and downhill a decent bit. Totally sucks ass but at least I had a chance and I know I’m in the right area now. Better to have missed than wounded, and as they say “all the fun, none the mess” (still stings a bit tho lol)

Also sucks that I climbed down 20 minutes after first light to check my arrow, I hate leaving ground scent across the trail he came from, but I didn’t want to risk A. Another buck comes through and i don’t shoot at him because I thought I hit the first buck B. I shoot a second buck not realizing I actually did hit the first one. Lessons have been learned, hoping for a little more luck & a foot lower shot lol
One job... You had one job