Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE! From the Stand 2022-2023 Edition

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
I wanted to leave work a little early so bad to get in the woods since I can't hunt the rest of the week but opted to stay till 7 to see the plant managers reaction when he found out he's getting over 20 grievances filed against him . It was worth it. Hopefully I can sneek out this evening . Good luck to those of you out today

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
B7606C6A-2E7D-435F-9FFB-98AA977D68FD.jpeg

Beautiful morning so far. We’ve seen 8. Nothing big yet.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
This is public land...there is nothing we can legally do. We try to keep our 22 acres as thick as possible but that will only hide so many deer.
A good friend of mine was/ is high up in the div of forestry at Zaleski. He said the amount of red tape required to do the controlled burns makes it almost impossible that public land will ever be timbered unless something dramatic changes.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
A good friend of mine was/ is high up in the div of forestry at Zaleski. He said the amount of red tape required to do the controlled burns makes it almost impossible that public land will ever be timbered unless something dramatic changes.
And it’s all politics…..

Reactions: Hedgelj

Bigcountry40

I wanted to leave work a little early so bad to get in the woods since I can't hunt the rest of the week but opted to stay till 7 to see the plant managers reaction when he found out he's getting over 20 grievances filed against him . It was worth it. Hopefully I can sneek out this evening . Good luck to those of you out today
✊

Sorry for the delay guys I had a pretty steep pack out of that spot. I know he may not look like a whole lot but killing a buck in the Georgia mountains can be a challenging yet rewarding adventure. I was fortunate to get to take this guy this morning with my savage 220. He has been packed out of the woods and is on ice chilling now. What an amazing morning in the woods.
Screenshot_20221123-134003_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221123_133941.jpg
Screenshot_20221123-133949_Gallery.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Sorry for the delay guys I had a pretty steep pack out of that spot. I know he may not look like a whole lot but killing a buck in the Georgia mountains can be a challenging yet rewarding adventure. I was fortunate to get to take this guy this morning with my savage 220. He has been packed out of the woods and is on ice chilling now. What an amazing morning in the woods. View attachment 166761View attachment 166762View attachment 166763
Congrats on a nice mountain buck! Figured you’d have you hands full. But had too give ya shit on not posting it 😂