Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Congrats schu!

Got 2 more today. I'd go back tomorrow but they are done.

We did have a run in with a wildlife inspector. My buddies dad told him about that big buck in the refuge and after inspecting the carcass, he actually issued a salvage tag and allowed him to go in and get it. I'll have to post a pic in a little while.

Saw at least 35 to 40 deer on the way home. I'll have to get out tomorrow.

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Congrats Schu!

Good idea sticking with the bow and I think staying over your plot would be a good idea too. Good luck tonight hopefully a buck will step out for you
Thanks,
For the second time this year (after two years without pulling back) I came to full draw on a deer. Again, a doe, but this time I decided to actually shoot. However, my bow had other ideas. The arrow squeaked as I pulled back so the doe looked in my direction. I then tried to set the pin, but the peep was twisted so I couldn't see through it. I twisted it with my nose but with there only being four minutes of legal shooting light left and me having the cheap TruGlo sight that came with my bow, I couldn't see the pins because they weren't bright enough. Kinda sucked to have the bow screw me up (my fault that the bow screwed up, but still the bow) with my first legitimate shot opportunity at a deer I wanted to take in three years of bow hunting. I also had some dude I don't know shoot a doe 100 yds from me with a shotgun, drive past me in a four wheeler, and then drive back past dragging the deer at 3:00. I'm surprised I even saw a deer. Sorry about the long post, but it was a beautiful, frustrating night.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Congrats Schu!

Thanks,
For the second time this year (after two years without pulling back) I came to full draw on a deer. Again, a doe, but this time I decided to actually shoot. However, my bow had other ideas. The arrow squeaked as I pulled back so the doe looked in my direction. I then tried to set the pin, but the peep was twisted so I couldn't see through it. I twisted it with my nose but with there only being four minutes of legal shooting light left and me having the cheap TruGlo sight that came with my bow, I couldn't see the pins because they weren't bright enough. Kinda sucked to have the bow screw me up (my fault that the bow screwed up, but still the bow) with my first legitimate shot opportunity at a deer I wanted to take in three years of bow hunting. I also had some dude I don't know shoot a doe 100 yds from me with a shotgun, drive past me in a four wheeler, and then drive back past dragging the deer at 3:00. I'm surprised I even saw a deer. Sorry about the long post, but it was a beautiful, frustrating night.

Sounds like an exciting hunt regardless! As you found out tonight, there are a million little ducks to keep in a row when bow hunting. Better luck next time!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Congrats Schu!

Teenbowhunter- Every screw up I have had in the woods has taught me something. Chalk up another learning experience bud. You will get it done soon enough and every experience like tonight's will make your first bow kill that much more rewarding.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Thanks guys...its been a rough year for me. Glad to get one down. Watched this deer for over 2 hours, they never got very close .....but close enough.

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Haha thanks guys, not gonna forget this one anytime soon. Might head out again tomorrow depending on how many people the LO says are gun hunting there. Is there a easy way to fix the peep? It rotated bc I changed the draw weight on the bow

teej89

NE PA
Congrats schu!

This best be worth it today. Cashed in last night at 2:45 and up at 5am...

Last edited:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I saw another one of those bucks id kill most years. He was all i saw. My neighbot just missed a buck behind my house, said it wasnt a giant,just a nice buck. Ive heard more shooting today than i did all week.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Going to shower up and head out shortly. Don't plan on shooting anything but video. Carrying my shotgun. Never know when a coyote shows up. Probably have one of my target bucks bed at 20yds or something stupid. Really just doing some recon for the land owner. Pretty sure some people are slipping in the backdoor of the property.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Sitting on top of a brush pile overlooking some corn that was planted as a food plot and surrounded by tall grass and trees. Nobody has hunted this spot all week and the weather is awesome! Hoping a nice doe will wander out just before dark. image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.