Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsmith

More or a live from work update but just looked outside on my break and saw it was "snowing" outside!! The little balls of white ice it was but close enough to snow for me. NE Ohio

teej89

NE PA
Live from my office.... living vicariously thru you guys as I also plan my 2016 MT elk/mule deer hunt :smiley_bril:

Steelheadtracker

Was planning on hunting this morning but couldn't get out of bed. Wish I would have. It's starting to spit snow here and I have a good feeling. Taking a dump then getting ready to hit the stand.

rsmith

uploadfromtaptalk1445109344868.jpg
It's here!!

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
First hunt of the year I wasn't totally skunked! I had 4 antler less deer about 40 yards away. They were coming from a clearing and getting ready to step onto a trail that leads right my stand. For some reason the lead doe hesitated and was scanning the woods before coming in. She looked back and forth and behind her but never looked right at me. This went on for a couple minutes and I had my safety off waiting for them to head my way. Then, a damn squirrel started making the sound of 10 guys running through the woods and the deer trotted off in another direction. No tails up, no blowing they just left. It was a nice night and it was great to finally see some deer.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Saw a massive doe working licking branches on the field edge followed by a small buck doing the same thing.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
I tried to sneak out to the edge of the bean field behind my house. Jumped something on the way and then about a minute later had a doe 50 yards from me downwind in the bean field. She knew something wasn't right and took off. Didn't blow or throw the tail up but she left. Sat there for a few minutes and decided to head back in. Nice to see they are coming back around the house again. Also noticed a new rub and scrape on the way back in. Beautiful morning out.

Kaiser878

ohio
My camera have blown up the last week.....

Lots of daylight movement from big deer, and just deer in general. My scrape cams have blown up also. I have a big bodied 9 pt patterned pretty well rt now i think. Not much of a rack, maybe 130 or so.... but my neighbor would like to kill him.... so I am putting him in a stand tonight.

I have three cams stretched along a ridge dropping into a slew with a thick bank just above it. I have him on all three cams every single morning as he makes his way back to bed. Then in the evenings he is going to another camera about 400 yards to the west of that line of cameras every single evening. He usually arrives at 8. So I figure he is getting up from his bed and making his way over there. So I triangulated a path of movement and we will see if I'm close or not. He's getting in the stand tonight....

Jason Short

Wayne County
Hunted a new spot from the ground last night because somebody else was hunting fairly close to the stand I had planned on hunting (public land). I let him have that area and ended up having a doe come within ten yards behind me before she spotted me and took off.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hope to get out in the next hour. Wishing all those out hunting the best of luck. Hope you all shoot 20" wide 140" bucks!

And I hope I shoot a 24" wide 160" buck. lmao

That was wrong. I am sorry. Funny. But wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.