Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Settled in for 15min. Not bad considering the hike in with Millennium on my back. Didn't bump a deer. Not sure if that is good or bad. Hopefully they just didn't hear with the wind. Prime rut stand. Second hunt of the year here.

NBK2003

hope the G5 gets a taste today. Good luck yins.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Good luck fellas, another beautiful morning to be in a stand!!

I am finishing up my 5th day in a row hunting with only only missing 3 days in last 10 days. Multiple back to back full days in and 40+hrs in the stand between Jackson and Huron counties with 30+ deer seen with the largest being 115-120". By far the most deer I have seen in a season for over a decade (last time was PA rife hunting trips where I cut my teeth on deer hunting). Its been a blast but my body is exhausted. Looking forward to rounding out today then back to work for 2 days then back in the woods this weekend. I may get an itchy trigger finger if these small bucks moving does keep presenting themselves as easy targets. My roots of meat hunting are screaming in the back of my head....or that could be my wife lol.

Lets see some dirt naps today!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Surprisingly slow but I'm in an area where anything can happen and happen fast. Good rut cruising area. Have seen several chases in this area. I'm between food cover, open ground and thick stuff. Long hike in. Bumped nothing that I heard. Rattled at 715 to no avail. Windy. Biting wind at that. Recently put my last layer on. Will sit until 11 or later most likely. I have a camera that had been on a 3-4wk soak by this stand. If nothing by belly talking to me time I'll check the camera and make an evening plan. They were moving like mad last evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.