Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Masks

Jamie

Ohio
I notice that he said protect him FROM coronavirus. I think everyone who wants to wear a mask should do so for whatever reason. I'm competent to make my own decision, so I don't need my government forcing me to wear a mask. should I still have to wear a mask if I've had covid 19 and fully recovered from it with the antibodies to prove it?

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Had to place an order on a new mask today because I lost the one I've been using yesterday. I figured if I'm going to be forced to wear one, why not make it interesting. Cheaper than the basic medical one that I had.

07091895.jpg

Biohazard Zombie Surgical Mask​

Rating:
80%

1 ReviewAdd Your Review
$9.99

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Big_Holla

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I haven't worn one in forever. I bet 70% of the population here doesn't unless they're forced to by a business like Wal-Mart. Not one other single local business has said anything to me about a mask except the Coach store back around Christmas. If you believe the liberal media, such maskless defiance should make this place a cesspool of the dead and dying. Yet nothing is amiss.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I haven't worn one in forever. I bet 70% of the population here doesn't unless they're forced to by a business like Wal-Mart. Not one other single local business has said anything to me about a mask except the Coach store back around Christmas. If you believe the liberal media, such maskless defiance should make this place a cesspool of the dead and dying. Yet nothing is amiss.

They won't let me in Menards in Chillicothe unless I'm wearing a facemask covering. Fuckers! Anyways, if it wasn't for a something I bought previously from them that failed while still under manufacture warrantee, I do not wear them. My eye doctor also requires that I wear one. They have their doors locked 24/7 and have to buzz you in after they verify you are wearing a mask. My eye glasses are broke and need them repaired. That's another reason I have to replace the one I lost yesterday. I have a feeling my doctor will get a kick out of my new mask next week.

Those are the only two business I have ran across that force me to wear one in order to get inside. All others I conduct business with haven't said anything to me for not wearing one.

EDIT: Spectrum's local office in Chillicothe also requires you to wear one as well. I forgot about that one. I had to replace my cable modern when we had lightening hit our powerline on our property.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jamie

Jamie

Ohio
every store, gas station, etc. around here has a sign on the door that a mask is mandatory. I haven't worn one in any store in months, and while some of the other patrons look at me like I have three heads, nobody has said shit. I'm not going to make a scene, but if a store owner asks me to put on a mask, I intend to politely tell them that I'm not doing it, and ask them if they want me to leave. I'll leave quietly if they insist I put on a mask, and tell them I'll take my business elsewhere, permanently.

I routinely have to go into people houses to look at interior painting jobs, and I've been looking at a a lot of work here recently. I never wear a mask to the door, but when someone answers the door, I always ask if they would like for me to put on a mask. so far, everyone has said yes please. oddly, only one of these people were wearing a mask when they answered the door, but everyone else had to fumble around to put one on themselves even though I told them not to do so on my account. of the work I've scored recently, I've politely explained to everyone that hired me that while I didn't mind wearing a mask while I was preparing a quote for them that I was, under no circumstance, going to wear a mask all day while doing the work in their house and if that was a deal breaker, then I would respectfully decline to do the work for them. so far, everyone has said that it was fine with them.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I wear a mask everywhere I go shopping. I don’t wear one outside, I don’t wear it covering my nose. It rests under my nose and I’ve done it from the beginning. I wear glasses and I like to see where I’m going. So I’ll cover my mouth, but won’t my nose. I’ve never had one person say a thing too me, whether I’m in NC or Ohio or parts in between..... If anyone should have contracted this virus, I would be a leading candidate. I’ve traveled more during this pandemic then I did before it kicked off.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I don't wear one either. Only one woman said anything. She was in a mobility scooter. I replied" I do have a mask on...wanna see it?" She grabbed a gear and left the scene...

Reactions: Jamie

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
I dont wear them my wife on the other hand wears one everywhere but she voted biden so that explains it. I really try to shop local and with the mom and pop stores that are still around, if they were to ask me to wear one because they could get in trouble I would but nobody has said anything.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
We have the required sign on the door at the shop. My daughter was telling customers on the phone, “whomever picks up the order must be wearing a mask”. I put an end to that and also told all employees they had better never say a word to any patrons that are not. We are not law enforcement and this isn’t a law. Additionally, we are not medical professionals and if a person does not want to comply, it’s no business of mine. Having said that, the first person to enter my personal space and cough on me may take some abuse.

I hear you guys and can understand your frustrations with wearing a mask and even the decision to not wear one, I was that way as well so hear me out.

We got the virus from my work, no doubt when 4 of us come down with it the same day that's where we got it. The owner of the building who gave it to us had came down with it one week before. He does what he wants when he wants, walks right up to you to talk (awkward at times), is an anti-masker and makes regular trips to Florida about once a month. He had been back from Florida one week before coming down with it. Here is the good part to show his character, in fact he then flew back to Florida only a few days from coming down with Covid, said if 'I have to quarantine I might as well be in a warm state'. In my opinion he is responsible for us 4 at work and our families, his whole family of 4, 4 of his crew and their families and he has never apologized to any of us. It's a joke to him that he spread it to so many people, literally. The other day he's telling one of the guys who got it from him "you'd think I went to Wuhan myself and got it and brought it back to infect people by the way some act". We still have one guy working from home and he is in bad health. Has lost over 30 lbs since getting the virus, now has heart issues they are very concerned about and a bad infection they can't seem to solve. We believe he was the first guy who likely got it from the owner because of their interaction the days before the owner came down with it.

Now the company I work for doesn't have a mask policy but since we came down with it us/the 3 remaining workers have decided that when we have to work side by side we will wear them. We don't want to get it again, sure we survived but each of us realize it isn't something to fuck with. I would feel like shit if I had gotten it somewhere and brought it to work and gave it to others (who then take it home and get their family infected again). The other day the owner of the building came in walking past me in my area. I had some pizza thawing out in a foodsaver bag on my desk right next to me. He walks over and picks it up asking what the hell is this?! Dumbfounded I just said it's only pizza. I ended up telling him to back away and to not come into my area like that again. Don't give a fuck who he is. Say what you want but when my wife got it and my kids got it things changed in my mind. I can't help but wonder (even though everyone say's they don't work) if we had been wearing masks if things would have been different? Maybe I'm off base and frustrated still, IDK.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I hear you guys and can understand your frustrations with wearing a mask and even the decision to not wear one, I was that way as well so hear me out.

We got the virus from my work, no doubt when 4 of us come down with it the same day that's where we got it. The owner of the building who gave it to us had came down with it one week before. He does what he wants when he wants, walks right up to you to talk (awkward at times), is an anti-masker and makes regular trips to Florida about once a month. He had been back from Florida one week before coming down with it. Here is the good part to show his character, in fact he then flew back to Florida only a few days from coming down with Covid, said if 'I have to quarantine I might as well be in a warm state'. In my opinion he is responsible for us 4 at work and our families, his whole family of 4, 4 of his crew and their families and he has never apologized to any of us. It's a joke to him that he spread it to so many people, literally. The other day he's telling one of the guys who got it from him "you'd think I went to Wuhan myself and got it and brought it back to infect people by the way some act". We still have one guy working from home and he is in bad health. Has lost over 30 lbs since getting the virus, now has heart issues they are very concerned about and a bad infection they can't seem to solve. We believe he was the first guy who likely got it from the owner because of their interaction the days before the owner came down with it.

Now the company I work for doesn't have a mask policy but since we came down with it us/the 3 remaining workers have decided that when we have to work side by side we will wear them. We don't want to get it again, sure we survived but each of us realize it isn't something to fuck with. I would feel like shit if I had gotten it somewhere and brought it to work and gave it to others (who then take it home and get their family infected again). The other day the owner of the building came in walking past me in my area. I had some pizza thawing out in a foodsaver bag on my desk right next to me. He walks over and picks it up asking what the hell is this?! Dumbfounded I just said it's only pizza. I ended up telling him to back away and to not come into my area like that again. Don't give a fuck who he is. Say what you want but when my wife got it and my kids got it things changed in my mind. I can't help but wonder (even though everyone say's they don't work) if we had been wearing masks if things would have been different? Maybe I'm off base and frustrated still, IDK.

Man that's a shitty person. Being considerate of others and maintaining appropriate distance doesn't require a mask. Knowing that if you're not feeling well that you should stay away from others doesn't require a mask. What you were dealing with is a very inconsiderate asshole. If I was forced to interact with such a person in a confined space I would probably wear one, even though a standard surgical mask is only about 14% effective. But truth be told with how inconsiderate he was I'm sure he want washing his hands or sanitizing adequately either, so even with a mask you guys probably still would have got it through surface contact.

Reactions: Big_Holla

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
Man that's a shitty person. Being considerate of others and maintaining appropriate distance doesn't require a mask. Knowing that if you're not feeling well that you should stay away from others doesn't require a mask. What you were dealing with is a very inconsiderate asshole. If I was forced to interact with such a person in a confined space I would probably wear one, even though a standard surgical mask is only about 14% effective. But truth be told with how inconsiderate he was I'm sure he want washing his hands or sanitizing adequately either, so even with a mask you guys probably still would have got it through surface contact.

New washing machine installed, plumber, furnace man & water softner man worked inside my home all wore masks - very considerate folks - i wore a n95 myself to protect them

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
New washing machine installed, plumber, furnace man & water softner man worked inside my home all wore masks - very considerate folks - i wore a n95 myself to protect them

As they should because they're entering your home in a confined space and working, you don't know them, and you're an at risk person. However it's likely they had no choice in the matter and it was mandated by their employer, or they don't want to be bitched at by people, neither is someone being "considerate" but rather just doing what they're forced to do.

I've had an electrician, two dishwasher guys, and a dishwasher installer in my house for home warranty work. I told them "you don't have to wear that on account of me. Three of them took it off and said thanks, one said " I appreciate it but my company said we have to wear one".

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
As they should because they're entering your home in a confined space and working, you don't know them, and you're an at risk person. However it's likely they had no choice in the matter and it was mandated by their employer, or they don't want to be bitched at by people, neither is someone being "considerate" but rather just doing what they're forced to do.

I've had an electrician, two dishwasher guys, and a dishwasher installer in my house for home warranty work. I told them "you don't have to wear that on account of me. Three of them took it off and said thanks, one said " I appreciate it but my company said we have to wear one".

They were very considerate folks besides the mask wearing - your guessing why they wore them - maybe they wanted TOO - maybe the had to - don't matter - glad they did and it wasn't a issue