Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

N.J. 2018 Bear Season.....

Fletch

Supporting Member
Sorry to hear this Rich. Hope the frustration brings you some good luck!
Rick... Thanks... Frustrated that I can't play tag with that big bear I've been after... YES... But any time spent in the woods is good, and ya never know... Looking forward to going back next Sat. to check camera's...

Fletch

Supporting Member
Well curiosity got the better of me and I ran out to check camera... I was surprised to crest the hill to see a bears head watching me... Shortly after he beat feet and left the area... He was small but hey its a start and the donuts were only out three days... Maybe 110 lbs soaking wet and no I wouldn't shoot him... This new spot won't have giants like I'm used to, but it'll have to be 300 lbs or better for me to shoot it....

2018 bear.JPG

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
So I went to the Sportsmen's Alliance webpage to see if there was any info about NJ and they had an article on your douchy governor's move....at the end of the article they said "The Sportsmen’s Alliance is evaluating its legal options to protect New Jersey sportsmen, public-land hunters, state biologists and scientific wildlife management. "

I hope they bring it, and bring it strong.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Dan..... From what I'm hearing from several people.... Things are in the works to challenge Murphy in court... Several groups are gearing up for this battle and feel there is a good chance it may get reversed... Esp on Murphys grounds for closing it.... PUBLIC SAFETY???? Mr. Murphy didn't a bear kill and partially eat a hiker in Jersey couple years back??? Wake the F up..... It will be TOO late for the early archery/muzzy season which starts on Oct. 8th. however there is a possibility that the hunt will be open on public lands in Dec... So I may still get a crack at BOZO in Dec with the gun.. Until then I'll have to be happy hunting my little piece of private land... Going to check cameras later today and put out 2 fresh bags of donuts... Also adding a little cooking grease to the mix. This way any bears that visit my donut pile will get grease on their feet and track it around, bringing other bears in which my be passing through... Will update when I get back...

Fletch

Supporting Member
Ok went to check camera and all the donuts were gone... Corn seemed untouched along with a berry block I put out... Guess they have a sweet tooth for donuts... Upon checking the camera I saw that two new bears showed up which makes 3... Not bad for something I just started last week... Both bears are a little larger than the first one...The biggest give or take 200 lbs... Still not something I'll shoot... Check out the yote in the background of the one pic....
yote bear.JPG
018 bear camera check 2.JPG
2018 camera check 2.JPG

Fletch

Supporting Member
So now I'm faced with a dilemma... Remember in the beginning of this thread I said I had 2 props to hunt, and chose one over the other... Well last week my friend that deer hunts "the other prop" calls me and says they have a nice bear on camera... Well I got a pic this morning and looks like a solid 350-400 lber. so looks like I'm going to have to put a camera out there as hes a bear I'd probably shoot... At least come 2 weeks from now I'll have an option... Good thing is: This bear is showing up during daylight hours unlike ost bears which tend to be nocturnal....
georgesbear.jpeg

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
So now I'm faced with a dilemma... Remember in the beginning of this thread I said I had 2 props to hunt, and chose one over the other... Well last week my friend that deer hunts "the other prop" calls me and says they have a nice bear on camera... Well I got a pic this morning and looks like a solid 350-400 lber. so looks like I'm going to have to put a camera out there as hes a bear I'd probably shoot... At least come 2 weeks from now I'll have an option... Good thing is: This bear is showing up during daylight hours unlike ost bears which tend to be nocturnal....
View attachment 65089
You better get some donuts out there ASAP!!

Reactions: Fletch

Fletch

Supporting Member
Sgt... Donuts going there Sat.. right now he's content with eating the corn the guys have at their deer stands.. So Sat. Ill have some time to find a spot away from those stands where I can find something natural such as a blow down to hunt from the ground... Don't forget we are talking N J so you can't hunt out of a tree stand within 100 yds of bait. BUT you can sit in the donuts as long as your on the ground..

Curran yes looks like some of the outdoors groups are getting their ducks in a row for a battle with Denture Man... Going to have to join one or two of them and send them some cash...

Fletch

Supporting Member
Well went to check cameras today and no bears showed up in the past 7 days.... Coon's were there every night though.... So went to the other piece of property and put out some donuts and a camera... Will go Tues. or Wed. and check both spots...

Reactions: Dustinb80