Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Official 2010-2011 Countdown Thread

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
What the hell you waiting on?!? ;)

I'm hoping to be ready by the end of the month. The goal is to finish up in the next week so I can focus on cameras, glassing, and my "Honey-Do" list. I'm hoping to be free and clear come September 25!!!

I'm free and clear.. Finished up about a week and a half ago.

Ray

got the broadheads flying good this evening. No good buck sightings to date at the properties that I have access to. There are a couple of scrubs running through the yard that have potential for future seasons though.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
got the broadheads flying good this evening. No good buck sightings to date at the properties that I have access to. There are a couple of scrubs running through the yard that have potential for future seasons though.

I keep waiting on El Mucho Grande to show back up... All summer that dang buck made me feel like i missed him at 20 yards last year, just plum sick that he didn't get killed! And he's 170 miles away!

Ray

He has yet to show this summer, but he will get hungry and there will be food, shovels and a gambrel waiting in the tree behid him . . .

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I'm ready,

I recently got put on a different job site and am a little concerned about how much time I'm gonna be able to spend in the woods this year. I would estimate at least 8 - 9 months of work that has to be finished by january. I can see some serious overtime in my future.

my plan is to whack a couple does right out of the gate, and take my opportunities to get a buck whenever I get a chance.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
just cobbled my bow back together for the shoot this weekend. sure glad a dropped my drawlength 1/2 inch. much steadier hold. shoot good....going to be sharpening and shavin here soon.. got some fletching to do.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
32 more fuggers!!! :smiley_carnaval:

We got our last stand hung on our new farm this weekend and I moved one at my dad's farm. Both stands are high on my list of top stands. Can't wait to sit in either one!!!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
32 more fuggers!!! :smiley_carnaval:

We got our last stand hung on our new farm this weekend and I moved one at my dad's farm. Both stands are high on my list of top stands. Can't wait to sit in either one!!!

I'm gonna go out tonight and take some picures of that stand to post, then watch for some deerz in the beans. I'm itching to climb in a stand also!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Just got some depressing fuckin news this morning... the annual fall educational conference that I go to, that is usually held 5 minutes from my mom's place, is being held up in Painesville this year instead. That has been like 2 free vacation days for me the last two years in a row. Go to some BS seminars during the day, and deer hunt in the afternoon... all the while, enjoying home cooked food from my mom. Son of a Bitch! Oh well, I'll just have to take advantage of Presidents Day LOL.

I'm pretty much ready to go for the season. All of my new spots were determined during February and March. I just have a little fine tuning to do here soon.

Ray

The itch is here. Went to deer camp this weekend and set a cam. Nothing on the cam yet, but we have some bigguns running the property this season. :)

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
This is going to be Dannmann's year! :smiley_bril:

Damn straight! I feel it. I really do.
I think I'm gonna go to HH Gregg and buy a couple more freezers...
Dang I should put a smiley in here but I'm too lazy to go advanced...gotta save my energy for opening weekend

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I am going to be grounded on the 25th :( My buddyis coming into town on that day to introduce us to his new wifey. Can't miss it since I am staying at his place to hunt Elk in Colorado next year. He lives in Vail.

Beentown