Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Official 2011 TOO Turkey Competition

Huckleberry Finn

TOO Turkey Competition Rules

Team Selection
  • Teams will be randomly drawn on April 10th at midnight. The 3-man team with the highest score wins a $25 Cabela’s giftcard.

• The Buddy Rule "Bonus Bird" – If you are hunting with another member from TOO who is on a different team, and together harvest a turkey (for example, one shooting and one person calling), that bird may count for both of you as a "Bonus Bird". Each person may only claim 1 "Bonus Bird".

Scoring Guidelines

Beard Scoring
< 2": 5 Points
>= 2" < 6": 10 Points
>= 6" < 8": 15 Points
>= 8" < 10": 20 Points
>= 10": 25 Points

Spur Scoring
>= 0 < 3/4": 5 Points
>= 3/4 < 1": 10 Points
>= 1" < 1 1/4": 15 Points
>= 1 1/4" < 1 1/2": 20 Points
>= 1 1/2": 25 Points

*Multiple bear and spurs count
*Each spur is to be measure and scored

• All turkeys harvested during legal seasons in multiple states will be counted towards the contest. Additionally, individuals that harvest multiple birds may submit more than one bird to the contest. However, only the best bird will count towards your score.

• Youth Bonus – Helping a youth (under 16) or first-time turkey hunter and photographing the hunt is worth 10 points (essentially worth a jake).

Pictures
With each bird, please post several pictures of your harvest:
• Photo of yourself and the bird
• 1 Photo of each bird and each spur
• 1 of the pictures must show your tag or band.

Summary
Ways to score points
• Shoot a turkey
• Harvest a turkey with a TOO buddy
• Take out a youth or first-time hunter

Huckleberry Finn

The teams were randomly generated and are as follows:

Team 1
JD Boyd
Mao
1hornwilly

Team 2
Gern
lungbuster
Ohio Sam

Team 3
Redhunter1012
twireman
finelyshedded

Team 4
Jackalope
HuckleberryFinn
Buckeye B

Team 5
JMMyers
moundhill
Matt

Team 6
JBrown
Jesse
Huntn2

Team 7
Buckbuster217
Hoytmania
Mountaineer

Team 8
rgeck023
aholdren
dante

Team 9
deerburger
Diablo54
Cotty (family)

Team 10
Uglykat26
Mike
Ray

Team 11
Camofry
TripleA88
Badger

Last edited by a moderator:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hell yea let's do this. Adam I feel bad for you buddy... gettin stuck with Fluteman and all. lmao

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Wrong RED but I have faith my buddy Fluteman will hammer one :smiley_clap:.

As for me...I don't have enough birds to mess with trying to hunt them. I would drag any team down during turk season so I know not to even sign up lol.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wrong RED but I have faith my buddy Fluteman will hammer one :smiley_clap:.

As for me...I don't have enough birds to mess with trying to hunt them. I would drag any team down during turk season so I know not to even sign up lol.

Hahahaha oh shoot sorry dude I read it TOO fast. lol Just kiddin anyways... Greg's probably got half a dozen strutters lined up down there, just waitin to pull the trigger.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Hahahaha oh shoot sorry dude I read it TOO fast. lol Just kiddin anyways... Greg's probably got half a dozen strutters lined up down there, just waitin to pull the trigger.

He has more turkey then he can shake a stick at down there

or play fetch with lmao

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county

considering we hunt pretty much the same spots, I have to say I hope youre wrong.
There are a few birds around, I'll just have to kill one to prove it.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Am I reading this right? 1 Bird can be scored twice if you are both TOO members and kill 1 bird?????????

Correct.. If you hunt with a member from another team. And you kill a bird together.. Both his team and yours get credit for that bird. You may only claim 1 "Bonus Bird" per person...

This was done in hopes to foster people here hunting together... And not penalize someone for inviting a buddy from here to hunt with them.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Huck, what if Kody busts one and then I decide to try my luck? Do I count or just one of us? If it's just one, that's cool.

Kody is your son correct? You would get the youth bonus of 10 points for simply taking him hunting and getting a pic of you two afield. The "Bonus Bird" applies if it's two competition members from separate teams that score.

Huckleberry Finn

Cotty - I was planning on counting you as 1 unit, so whoevers bird is bigger you can enter. And you'd get the youth bonus TOO.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Cotty - I was planning on counting you as 1 unit, so whoevers bird is bigger you can enter. And you'd get the youth bonus TOO.

Cool by me if yall want to allow youth guided birds to count as a persons bird. :)

May wanna add it to the rules. :)

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member

That's sounds perfect. I might not even get to hunt for myself. For example, this Saturday it is my dad taking Kody out. I'll be with him Sunday. I forwarded all the rules to my dad so he knows exactly what needs done.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
rrr, red, or jack, cross my name off and put Ric in my place. He deserves a spot in the competition more than I do and is more likely to help the team out than myself. Don't argue, just do it.