Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Official TOO Catch Thread

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
He didn’t measure it. I told him about it after he sent me that. He went and put a tape measure in his tackle box after we talked. He’s only 13.
With that picture you posted, with both the fish and scale. That should be enough for them too determine. You can submit it for him and surprise him. We did it for some buddies who came up from NC a couple years ago too fish Erie and they caught 3 speices of fish Ohio and were awarded the certificates and pins.

Nighthawk

Pickaway
With that picture you posted, with both the fish and scale. That should be enough for them too determine. You can submit it for him and surprise him. We did it for some buddies who came up from NC a couple years ago too fish Erie and they caught 3 speices of fish Ohio and were awarded the certificates and pins.
Ok thanks. I’ll try that and see.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Ok thanks. I’ll try that and see.
When it arrives, tell whoever is there too have a camera ready for that grin he’s about too get on his face! We gave the certificates too the guys the following year when we came down here too fish lake Norman with them. Two of them were in their 70’s at the time. The grins they had were priceless….

Reactions: finelyshedded

Nighthawk

Pickaway
When it arrives, tell whoever is there too have a camera ready for that grin he’s about too get on his face! We gave the certificates too the guys the following year when we came down here too fish lake Norman with them. Two of them were in their 70’s at the time. The grins they had were priceless….
Will do buddy. I’ll keep you posted.

Nighthawk

Pickaway
I did get him a certificate and the pin is in the mail. He just sent me this one. My man is on fire. One of the elusive wipers.

Attachments

• 2AA345AC-4F75-4720-A5A0-9660AE545222.jpeg
    2AA345AC-4F75-4720-A5A0-9660AE545222.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 92

Creamer

Athens
I had not fished in the state of Ohio since July 4. So, Saturday afternoon, I was desperate. I went to the river after lunch in the heat of the day hoping for something. The water was still murky, the fishing very slow. I finally picked up a few crappies to get the skunk off.

Then something unexpected ate my little minnow fly.

When I saw it the first time, I thought it had to be an accidental snag.

But, it ate it.