Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Official TOO Catch Thread

Caught some nice trout on the Indian reservation down here yesterday. Going on the smoker to make a dip today!
Screenshot_20220709-115052_Gallery.jpg

Creamer

Athens
We were on a family trip over the weekend in Southern Kentucky to visit Mammoth Cave and a few other places. We were in the neighborhood of Hatchery Creek, which if you don't know about it, is a really cool place I was hoping to visit some day. It's a 100% man-made trout stream, flowing about a mile from Wolf Creek Dam and connecting into the Cumberland River. They created a channel, loaded it with cover and gravel, fed it with water from the dam, and stocked it with fish.

It absolutely DUMPED the rain on me all morning, no rain gear. I couldn't have been any more wet if I had swam in the creek. But, I had the place to myself, figured out a pattern, and caught a crazy amount of fish. Nothing large, but no lapses in action.

There's an upper (catch and keep) section and a lower (catch and release) section. I had planned to fish the lower section and look for a big fish, but Mother Nature had other ideas.