Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Official TOO Catch Thread

Big H

Medina
Got on the lake late Sunday afternoon out of Cleveland for a couple hours Caught this 27” casting an Erie Dearie, along with some shorts. Mainly went for a boat ride. Lots of fish on the graph. Hoping to get out this weekend or next week again and actually fish instead of screwing around.

Attachments

• IMG_4626.jpeg
    IMG_4626.jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 40

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
From what I’ve seen it won’t be until late 2025 or early 2026. No idea what their plans are, I never had an issue with that ramp myself.
Yeah, that whole nine mile community isn’t very welcoming to outsiders. That was the best ramp for us to use. Without it we’ve got a 8-10 mile run to where we dock the boats @ Ken’s gas dock.

Reactions: OO2 and TinyTucky

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
Yeah, that whole nine mile community isn’t very welcoming to outsiders. That was the best ramp for us to use. Without it we’ve got a 8-10 mile run to where we dock the boats @ Ken’s gas dock.
Yep, from metro down to 9 mile is about 9 miles or so, with what seems like just as far to idle out of the marina. With the right wind it’s not a bad ride at all, but I’d still rather make a 1/2 mile run 😂

Reactions: "J"

Creamer

Athens
I took a rare day off last Friday to finally hit a creek for smallmouth. The bite started a little slow but picked up late-morning. The stretch I fished was 60% new to me (we usually stop at a point and retrace our steps back downstream). This time, I fished all the way until the creek came back around to the road.

A prototype "jerkbait" fly I came up with caught a few.

Most of the fish ate this fly, also relatively new from the vise. Fished on a sink tip, the fly almost suspends and darts around on the strip. It's based off a fly called the "swimmin' Jimmy."

Big fish of the day. Awesome to watch the eat in gin-clear water.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I know why they are called drum. When you catch one you beat them on the back of the boat before returning them to their natural environment...
I went fishin up at Erie back in the 80’s with a buddy’s family and his dad caught one about 3-4 lbs and I asked if it was a chub or drum and he said it was a hammer head. I’m like, what the………….then he reached under the seat and grabbed a hammer and then showed me how it got its name before returning it to the lake. 😂🤣😂

I went fishin up at Erie back in the 80’s with a buddy’s family and his dad caught one about 3-4 lbs and I asked if it was a chub or drum and he said it was a hammer head. I’m like, what the………….then he reached under the seat and grabbed a hammer and then showed me how it got its name before returning it to the lake. 😂🤣😂
I've heard of tales such as this!