Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio 2010..Random pics.

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Gonna post random pics from this season in Ohio..Hope you guys enjoy..

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
My buddies publicland buck..Taken on the saturday of slug season. He pulled into the parking lot late friday night and slept in his truck umtil 5am lol...Got up..hunted all day..and this guy came sneaking accross the ridge....This was the year for deep woods hunting due to all the acorns.

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Schu,

He came thru that night and that night only..never saw him again...Same with that long tined buck..Just a one nighter.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Very nice Mtn.

How big was those trees with the rubs ? Look like they are pretty good diameter tree trunks.

Congrats to your buddy as well. Love those chocolate rack bucks.

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Redcloud..

Those trees were around baseball to softball in size...It was a new peice of publicland i decided to check out..So..I took the gun for a walk and found this sign...It was incredible..There were 20 or so rubs like this in a 200 yard stretch on this ridge...5 to 10 scrapes..However..1 of those scrapes was hit by a buck that day..so..i sat there until dark..saw 0...btw..I think this was thursday of the first week of slug.

My buddies buck actually dropped right where that pic was taken...maybe that was his rub..who knows..

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
diablo..

I found those sheds feb. 2010...I beleieve thats the buck i saw on friday of slug season 2009..Im not 100% because it was getting dark.