Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio Gun Season 2019

Bowkills

Nw oh
Im done till bonus. I had a group of ten or so running towards my house as my family and I were getting in the car and my wife asked r u going to try? Naaaaa I don't know how Denny hunts like he does. I think I'm getting sick and a f it attitude is the main symptom

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Here’s a few pics from Oak and High.....(ohooo about 25 ft high👍🏻)
4BA45152-7864-4248-AD1D-7AC4BD3EC8DA.jpeg
2804CD68-0C7A-412B-B18F-75B8DFDD3E48.jpeg

Bigcountry40

Did deer drives with a good buddy on Saturday all day dark to dark, there was 7 of us total, 3 deer were killed 1 doe, 2 bucks- a 2.5 year old and 3.5 year old I believe. I had shots at several deer but am only hunting "trophies" since my freezer is full. Had an absolute blast, had not done drives in several years, nice change up. Ohio gun week I hunted a total of 4 counties- Tuscarwaras, Seneca, Sandusky and Huron- seen deer in all 4 had the opporturnitty to kill in 3 of the 4. Had a great gun season, but ready to try to harvest a mature buck buck over late season.

Side note - every day I'd seen a big van parked at one of the larger parking spots, every time I passed, and a driver just sitting chilling.
Yoder toter.
Last nite passed his parking spot after dark, and saw there were multiple headlamps bobbing in the woods converging, and the song from Snow White popped into my head "Heigh ho, Heigh ho, it's off to hunt we go...."

By me on the first day they actually had a small bus and a van. The small bus was driving around dropping off standers and drivers.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
A fun last day of firearms season with my son and his little redneck buddy. They have both filled their buck tags so they were happy to play dog today.

Attachments

• 651349A0-3005-478D-8887-013A73834CA8.jpeg
    651349A0-3005-478D-8887-013A73834CA8.jpeg
    270.8 KB · Views: 571
  • 88932AF0-3022-43C8-A8C1-A009E2D6ABED.jpeg
    88932AF0-3022-43C8-A8C1-A009E2D6ABED.jpeg
    367.8 KB · Views: 572

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Congrats Brock, hopefully you didn't have to do anything but pull the trigger😁

Rick, I got legal shooting time till 5:40pm (5:10 set + 30mins) in the West side of the state. I do the same thing to unload the ML if still primed at the end of the week.

Reactions: giles

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Congrats Brock, hopefully you didn't have to do anything but pull the trigger😁

Rick, I got legal shooting time till 5:40pm (5:10 set + 30mins) in the West side of the state. I do the same thing to unload the ML if still primed at the end of the week.

My bad Adam, I hunted all week in the east and forgot to check the West chart last night so the hunter was still legal. With it being overcast it was pretty dark at that time so I had already descended from my stand but prolly could have shot something if it was within 50 yards. I’m glad I didn’t see a shooter after 5:31 cuz I had it in my mind I would have broken the law if I did. 😂

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
My bad Adam, I hunted all week in the east and forgot to check the West chart last night so the hunter was still legal. With it being overcast it was pretty dark at that time so I had already descended from my stand but prolly could have shot something if it was within 50 yards. I’m glad I didn’t see a shooter after 5:31 cuz I had it in my mind I would have broken the law if I did. 😂

All good buddy, I looked back because you had me 2nd guessing my info and what I was using over the weekend lol. Also glad you didn't have a shooter at the last min lmao!

Reactions: finelyshedded

Chass

The Hills
All good buddy, I looked back because you had me 2nd guessing my info and what I was using over the weekend lol. Also glad you didn't have a shooter at the last min lmao!
I wonder how many guys that just mark it well before the time table cut off time juuuuuust to make sure theres nothing to come up on it later. Cause I'm sure itll let you put midnight on it if you like, but you will get a ticket and maybe a visit from ODNR about it later.

Reactions: 5Cent