Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Pellet Grills

When I read the title of this thread all I could think of was:
deersc2.jpg
grills.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: Big_Holla
Welcome to the new world of cooking. You can't go wrong with that. If I didn't want to keep a propane that would have been my purchase

I think we have only used our propane once since we purchased ours.
@giles summed it up after re-reading a lot of this thread. Just the ability to cook everything on it and being able to sear down to smoke is what helped make the final decision. Then it was just size and features. The discount was nice too, definitely left room for plenty of pellets and accessories.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Did my first shoulder on it this weekend. 10# chunk tool 15 hours. On at 9PM @ 200 until 9AM (filled up the pellet hopper at 6AM) and then I notched it up to 275 to finish. That said, it runs hot and I was well over 300 by the time it finished, but it made great bark. Pulled it off at 1, wrapped in foil and a blanket, then into the cooler until I shredded it at 7. Maybe one of the best I've ever made. Rubbed with Meat Church's Gospel BBQ Rub. 👍

20210704_120319.jpg

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Not sure if ya’ll heard of this guy name Heath Riles? I’ve been checking up on the recipe of the food he makes and I came across with some of the bbq rubs he has in store online for $10 plus shipping. I was going to order some but luckily I didn’t, because when I was at rural king, they had some of his bbq rubs on the shelf for $7.99. These are the two I bought
37DFC242-6881-47FB-87CD-631E8BB7A2C4.jpeg
91DE05ED-F2A4-42A3-A033-33BF5C75FF10.jpeg