Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Pellet Grills

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Whew that was a bit of a battle. 11 hours using the smoker 9 pounds pork butt. It got stalled at 147 for a good hour and half, whew, finally started going up.
B02E8467-9937-4BBA-B946-1A5FB463F83C.jpeg
DC4F847B-7E21-482E-8B4B-60A365E84B07.jpeg
90E8AD2D-4216-426B-A95B-52282294F838.jpeg
3B47531E-3E74-4F57-B357-C3FCAB1DE451.jpeg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Passing this along for anyone looking for a travel sized pellet grill. My dad bought one after some of the guys in his office bought some through a crowdfunding site. I've been impressed with the meals I've had off it and dad has used it a lot with no complaints. The camper seemed like a good place to store one and since I had a gift card to ease the pain even further, I jumped on the bandwagon.

Considering I started this post in 2017 shits about to really get real! I’m serious this time!! 🤣 Looking at them this weekend and prepared to bring something home.

I’d love to hear some of your pro’s and con’s of the pellet grill you have, pretty please!

Some questions I have is how well your grill cooks simple things like burgers and hotdogs? Is there a feature you wish you had or one you couldn’t live without?

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Considering I started this post in 2017 shits about to really get real! I’m serious this time!! 🤣 Looking at them this weekend and prepared to bring something home.

I’d love to hear some of your pro’s and con’s of the pellet grill you have, pretty please!

Some questions I have is how well your grill cooks simple things like burgers and hotdogs? Is there a feature you wish you had or one you couldn’t live without?
I was just telling my wife around ten minutes ago that I’m going to get a pellet grill for smoking meat this spring. I guess it’s true that “great minds” think alike.😂

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
You could cook a dog turd on a pellet grill and it would probably taste good!

The most amazing thing to me is how moist everything stays when cooked on a pellet grill. It truly is a game changer when it comes to grilling/BBQ. I bought a big cast iron griddle to cook burgers on in mine and it works great. You can cook hotdogs is a microwave or water, so a pellet grill most certainly treats them right.

Reactions: Big_Holla

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
They also make awesome breakfast pizzas! I want a believer until spending a week at my brothers and enjoying the process of cooking on it and the meals that came off of it. A lot more uses than a traditional grill I thought.

Sauger

Warsaw
I bought the Pit Boss KC Platinum a few months back and love it. It has the smoker and a gas grill. They have one a Lowes now that also includes the side burner. The weekends I use the pellet side, through the week I use the gas side for simplicity. I did lose space on the pellet side having the gas grill next to it but that's ok.

You could cook a dog turd on a pellet grill and it would probably taste good!

The most amazing thing to me is how moist everything stays when cooked on a pellet grill. It truly is a game changer when it comes to grilling/BBQ. I bought a big cast iron griddle to cook burgers on in mine and it works great. You can cook hotdogs is a microwave or water, so a pellet grill most certainly treats them right.
I like the idea of the griddle. Thanks for the recommendation!

I'm leaning towards a Traeger for a couple reasons. Just seeing the guys who have them and how much they like em on here and my wife supposedly gets a discount on them at her work, how much we don't know yet. They also sell a couple other brands there and I am not opposed to heading somewhere for something better so keep the recommendations coming. Thanks for the recommendation @Sauger as I had thought of doing that before when I saw them.