Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Post your Vintage Outdoors pictures here!!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
My Mom standing along side Uncle Chuck holding up a stringer with a few bluegills for the frying pan. As Grandpa tells it, these were from a pond down the road where the people didn't allow anybody to fish or trap turtles. Somehow Uncle Chuck was able to talk them into letting him fish there though. He'd dig up worms in the yard, then grab his pole and walk about a mile down the road to go fish in their pond. Usually he came home with something for the pan.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
1964 was a good year to travel to Wyoming... I wish I had these racks but somewhere over the years they've been lost. I do have a Colorado mule deer of my Grandpa's and a whitetail rack of Great Grandpa's that he killed in Canada in 1945.

I'll get some pictures scanned of the trucks, but basically they made these trips out west every few years and camped out of the backs of the trucks. You didn't need tons of money, a tag lottory, preference points, or an outfitter to go hunting. All that was needed was gas, food, your gun, ammo, and a group of guys willing to go. Over the years, they had made landowner contacts out there, and usually did work to help earn permission. My Grandpa did lots of drilling & pump work, so that helped him earn his way onto some of the places they were able to hunt.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Not real vintage, but my dad is on the right and my buddy is on the left. My buddy, Dave, is who I do alot of deer and rabbit hunting with now. Funny thing is, back in 91 I hardly knew him. He married a good friend of my wife. Now we are together about every weekend drinking beer.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Very cool thread! I don't have much TOO offer before the 70's though. I'll see what I can find.

Not that a date should define anything as vintage or not, but I'd say for the sake of the thread let's throw any fishing, hunting, camping, or general outdoor pictures pre-2000 up here...

Keep 'em coming guys!!

1hornwilly

*Supporting Member III*
Mine and deerburger's great grandpa. Lived in Shelby and went with his bud's for a week to Canada every year to deer hunt. Always killed a doe for camp meat early in the week...so the legend goes. Photo taken sometime 1940's.

photo.jpg