Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Post your Vintage Outdoors pictures here!!

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Here's a pic from about 25 years ago. It was on Lake Erie. My cousins from Virginia would come up usually once a summer and camp with us. I actually remember this day. 6 of us limited out in about 2 hours that day. We ended up spending a few hours perch fishing after that and still caught atleast another dozen walleye we had to let go

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Here's a pic from late 90's I believe. It was Maumee River during the 10 fish limit days. My Brother is in center, me on right and my cousin Raymond on the left. That was before the floating jighead craze when we used leadheads. It was May 2nd because I recall using two 1/4 oz leadheads with Chartreuse Tails tied about 2 foot apart. We caught probably 50-60 legal fish that day in about a 4-5 hour period

Last edited:

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Here's a pic from about 25 years ago. It was on Lake Erie. My cousins from Virginia would come up usually once a summer and camp with us. I actually remember this day. 6 of us limited out in about 2 hours that day. We ended up spending a few hours perch fishing after that and still caught atleast another dozen walleye we had to let go

Which one is you?

Last edited:

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Cool story on my dads buck... He and his buddy that was in the earlier pic of his 91 10 pointer were hunting this buck above hard for three years. His buddy hit him in the shoulder with a broadhead the year before. When my dad got him with his bow, he skinned it out and found his buddy's broadhead. He said it was all black and infection around it.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Colorado Mule Deer in 1978...

My Grandpa and a few of his buddy's were hunting on a new piece of property for this trip, They had been seeing some deer, but not anything big enough to squeeze the trigger on just yet. A few days into the trip, the rancher had some problems with his water pump. My Grandpa, being a well driller & pump guy, didn't go out to hunt that day and stayed behind to see if he could fix the problem. After getting the job done and having water running again, the rancher and he got to talking. The next day, he was hunting in a different part of the property that the rancher pointed him towards where he had been seeing some bigger bucks. The first day hunting there was slow, but on the second day overlooking this same area he was able to kill this deer. I have the rack hanging up in my basement.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I love the pictures guys.

Badger- I think those trucker hats are in style again. You might want to dig it out of the closet. lol

Cotty- Those are priceless pictures. Sounds like your family has truly lived the American dream. Come to the US and start a family. Too bad all the illegals are turning what used to be a proud moment into a joke. It is people like your Grandfather that have made this country what it is today.