Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Random weather thread

Isaacorps

Columbus
Well that was a fun drive home. Near whiteout most of the way…
7F595F16-254A-4B2E-9134-677DE11EBB86.jpeg

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Just over 3" since it started to snow at 5:00 p.m. this evening and it's still coming down real hard. Also heard that US 23, both North & South lanes, are closed down due to head-on collision somewhere South of Circleville. Not a night for travel if you don't have to, especially on rural roads. Be very careful if you are!

Should be awfully white out come tomorrow morning around here. Supposed to snow all the way up until 8:00 a.m. tomorrow morning and I'll be in a tree-stand someplace.

20220116_202905.jpg

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
Just over 3" since it started to snow at 5:00 p.m. this evening and it's still coming down real hard. Also heard that US 23, both North & South lanes, are closed down due to head-on collision somewhere South of Circleville. Not a night for travel if you don't have to, especially on rural roads. Be very careful if you are!

Should be awfully white out come tomorrow morning around here. Supposed to snow all the way up until 8:00 a.m. tomorrow morning and I'll be in a tree-stand someplace.

View attachment 144069

3.8 so far and counting… still dumping snow pretty good here in guernsey

Reactions: the Lackster

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
CA65E3EE-F55F-4D32-A892-5727293F327F.jpeg

We received 3” of the blissfully wonderful white stuff…. Slight breeze out of the NW and it seems too have subsided, for now. The only disturbance of the fluffy white death has come from our easily eager and a not so pleasant four legged critters, who are on total opposite parallels on the whole snow issue.
155D0DDD-7CCA-4214-AB11-17C1A75B411E.jpeg
BD8FF268-DE42-4A34-8501-160CA51814E3.jpeg
The driveway was begging for a cleaning, but alas my give a shit about it has wained and I’ll let Mother Nature deal with it.
69EAD336-D512-44A8-A7AB-D113D92183DA.jpeg
487AFCC4-B0FF-4354-8931-563138490CEB.jpeg
9158D255-ED47-41B1-9E6C-4C9051C3F0B4.jpeg
We’ve seen a lot more deer in the 24 hours since this white devil from the north has arrived. They’re probably there most days, but a blind man can see them on days like today.
On the first picture on the right side of it you can see an opening too the back fields, they’re roughly 200 yards behind us across a small creek. We saw 13 running from right too left yesterday afternoon. Then about 2 hours later they were in front of the house running across that field. Apparently counter clockwise was the motion of the day.
Yesterday was 20* with a real feel of 9*. Of course Bristol wanted outside the entire day but we limited her too 1 hour increments with bringing her back in for a half hour in between. If she had her way she’d be frozen too the front porch floor…
Wife made a big pot of vegetable soup for the occasion the day before. We froze half of it for future endeavors and I put it in the Dutch oven on simmer when I woke up yesterday. Which made for a great way too have a few scoops throughout the day and no set dinner meal or time. I highly recommend that during these trying times….
So far we’ve never lost power, a buddy did but we and another friend up in the mountains in Purlear who got 10” didn’t. Our son down in SC, lost power yesterday morning and it’s still off. They just had wind and rain yesterday. Go figure. Luckily they went and stayed with friends and we FaceTimed them while they were bathing our grandson.
So as of now all is well, well as long as you don’t venture out. Because according too @Clay Showalter NC is void of plow drivers 😂 I’ll venture out of our backwoods estate when my buddy Kevin gives the all clear, if/when he’s seen a plow truck going by. Kinda like a groundhog and the whole shadow BS…. 😂
Hopefully all of my TOO brethren are safe and sound, and stay warm until this white death subsides. Or head out and shoot something because you can see them pretty good 😂

Oh, and this morning it’s 32* on its way too 38* and here is her normal posture….
44C28FF8-9F62-411B-90A0-AFD572B475A6.jpeg

Last edited:

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
This guy was just spinning and spinning, barely moving. I walked out to see if he needed help. He was trying to get to the feedmill down the road, he drives truck for them. They sent a tractor down for him, plowing the road as they went. I’m not sure he did his transmission any favors.
B32E89EF-2FDF-47B2-AEF4-7FA13A22383F.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 5Cent and Big_Holla

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
This guy was just spinning and spinning, barely moving. I walked out to see if he needed help. He was trying to get to the feedmill down the road, he drives truck for them. They sent a tractor down for him, plowing the road as they went. I’m not sure he did his transmission any favors.
View attachment 144099
Doesn’t speak for his truck driving skills 😂