Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Random weather thread

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
We had thunderstorms this morning. Nothing like flashes of lightning too wake you up.

Yeah, we had that too @4AM. Crazy weather I'll tell ya. I know we get at least one of these every winter, but from what I recall, it usually happens like towards the end of month or sometime in February. I think this is the earliest I can recall it being this warm near the first of the year. I'm no weather history buff or anything, I'm just going off my weak memory 😊

Reactions: Left field

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
From 3:00AM onward, I've worn just T-shirt with a regular pair of work jeans, shoes and I've been as comfortable as can be throughout all my travels today, and yesterday too for that matter actually. By no means am I complaining, I've just taken notice and cared to document it. Who knows, these might be the good ol times one day 😅

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I can't remember a January this mild. Even on a mild winter we generally don't see a ton of snow and maybe 5 degrees above our average. We have been consistently above our average for a week and looks this way into the second half of January. 90-100 degree swing in under a week and now hanging in the upper 30s to lower 40s. Bizarre. Puts a hurting on the snow business. I have 4 trucks and 6 loaders sitting. My subcontractors have another 10 pieces sitting. Oh well. Not going to change it. AND we live in Ohio. This conversation could change to "when is the snow and ice going to stop" in no time at all. Lots of winter to go.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Just a sloppy mess out there this morning. Rain, and more coming. Trying to stay dry today and I plan on working outdoors as soon as the rain quits.

20230119_044457.jpg
20230119_044434.jpg

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230119_045935_Weather.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230119_045935_Weather.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: finelyshedded

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Just a sloppy mess out there this morning. Rain, and more coming. Trying to stay dry today and I plan on working outdoors as soon as the rain quits.

View attachment 171316View attachment 171317

That wicked wind this evening is already creating work for me, shortly after the second front arrived roughly a little after five. I think I have another down too cause I just head somethin snap and hit the ground up the driveway. Good ol-Mother Nature, just ain't cutting me a break this January, gee-whiz.

20230119_172324.jpg

Anyhow, once the rain cleared midmorning, I headed out to get a bunch of different stuff taken care of while wearing just a thin pair of work jeans and t-shit, summer clothes, in January 🤪

Some pix that were taken during some of my travels today with that gorgeous afternoon weather we had.

20230119_200131.gif

Isaacorps

Columbus
We have not seen the sun in SE Ohio in weeks. Maybe months. Winters are typically dreary but this is ridiculous. I’ve had over 5” of rain in January already. If it would have been colder the snow would be 5 or 6 feet deep. That would be better than mud. My trails are a disaster.
Not much better here 🫤

• Wow
Reactions: Spencie