Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ricers 2014-2015 Trapping Happenings

Ricer2231

Sure does Don i will have to show that pic to my dad it will make him happy to see it getting used.
You would be surprised as to how many thousands of coon were fleshed on that board over the years.Glad to see it still getting a workout.

Make sure and show him. I love the beam and the knife, they still work like a charm.

Kaiser878

ohio
It's been pretty slow for me the last few days. I did manage to catch a coon today. Not a huge one but a pretty one. With the pouring down rain this morning I decided to lay some fur out yesterday to thaw so I could put them up today. I put six coon and six rats up today and got them drying. I'm gonna pull all my sets tomorrow with the cold coming and give it a rest for a week and let everything freeze up. Next weekend I hope to have gotten permission to do some yote trapping on a new place and get some yote sets out then.
View attachment 27415
Does that fleshing beam and knife look familiar, Boarhead?
View attachment 27416
28 coon
26 rats
2 mink
26 grinners
4 skunks
3 less cats
1 blue jay
1 chipmunk
Man Don. Your doing excellent on the fleshing and putting up..... looks great

Ricer2231

Thanks Zach. I really do like doing it, kinda a pride thing. Haha.
I caught three coon last night. I let the one little one go and brought the other two home with me. I pulled all my traps this morning as I did my check. Almost forgot had another stinking grinner TOO. With the bitter cold coming I figure the coon will shut completely down and I'm just gonna give it a chance to freeze up and find a new place to put some yote sets out maybe next weekend.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420402195.239489.jpg
The little one I turned loose. Mean little bastard!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420402224.643696.jpg
My first ever snare catch. Not what I had in mind but I'll take it.
31 coon
26 rats
2 mink
27 grinners
4 skunks
3 less cats
1 blue jay
1 chipmunk

Ricer2231

Well after a little hiatus I got 8 DPs out yesterday after work and got 6 k9 sets in the ground this morning. I really didn't expect coon to move much last night being as it got down to 20 again but set hoping to connect on these next few warm days. I hope to get a couple more k9 sets out tomorrow and hopefully some snares. I did manage to catch a good coin last night though.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421519575.910192.jpg
32 coon
26 rats
2 mink
27 grinners
4 skunks
3 less cats
1 blue jay
1 chipmunk

Ricer2231

Had a nice coon mess up a perfectly good yote set last night. I got six more coon and six more rats put up today. The wife left for a furniture market in Las Vegas for three days this morning so just keeping busy. Sure is quiet around here. Lol.
33 coon
26 rats
2 mink
27 grinners
4 skunks
3 less cats
I blue jay
1 chipmunk

Ricer2231

Two more coon last night. Both nice boars out roaming around. I had a pull out in a yote set TOO. Pisses me off. We will get him though.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421713484.356787.jpg
35 coon
26 rats
2 mink
27 grinners
4 skunks
3 less cats
1 blue jay
1 chipmunk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421713415.951521.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421713415.951521.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 100

Kaiser878

ohio
Good work man.... picking them coon off nice and steady...... I haven't seen much coon sign any all up here. That's why I was surprised yo catch the ones I did the other day

Ricer2231

Nothing cooking on the line today. Fuggin squirrels and mice are killing my DPs. I think the nicest boar coon I caught yesterday is going to Moyles to get tanned. He is 34" tip of nose to base of tail without even stretching him and I think he has some really pretty color to him. Also good masking and 8 rings on his tail, should make a nice hide for my man cave.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421793000.648775.jpg