Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sand Ridge Outfitters

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
Long story short Jesse invited my son Hunter and I down for the second weekend of gun season 4 years ago. Had never met the man before but we packed our gear and made the 4 hour trek south. I remember after Hunter and I were on the road the wife called and asked "what kind of guy is Jesse??" I said "fugg he seems like a good guy, we'll find out!" She replied "you are taking my baby 4 hours away to stay with someone you have never met??"....."Yep, should be a blast!!" All went as planned;)

Jesse and I hit if off pretty well, I think this year will be Hunter and I's 5th trip down.

Last year Jesse really extended the hospitaity and invited myself and two lifelong buddies down for a bowhunt. One of the guys I have hunted with since I was 12, the other was my roomate out of highschool. We had been hunting up north in Mich. for close to 20 years together and needed a change so we headed to Jesse's last year. We had a great time with Mike killing small buck and Joel and I seeing a couple slungers.

Final plans are being made for the bowhunt this year:smiley_bathing: Planning on a fishfry at Jesse's uncle Jason's Saturday night. Anyway getting stoked and this gives me an excuse to post some pics of past hunts.

Jessicas 017.jpg

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
Mike the guy picyured with Jesse and his buck was the guy that won the truck at the BEC shoot!
Bowhunt fishfry at Jason's. Hell I think we deepfried some bacon that night.......
Jessicas 028.jpg
I did get a new frypan so we don't leak oil all over the place this year...

Last edited:

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
Looking forward to meeting some of you myself . Hey Ben, we will get it together soon.

What's the story with the pic Randy?

Which one??? I got a bunch to post in no particular order. What blows me away is how much my son has grown up since our first hunt there...
mounts 005.jpg
Hunter last year.
hunter and fred 1.jpg
Hunter 2 years ago.

hunter and jesse with deer.jpg
Hunter 2 years ago, first muzzy kill and first kill at Sandridge.

The pics are gonna be kinda fugged as I find them. No order really, I think some may be on disk I need to track down.

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
jesse's 029.jpg
Hunter and me.
Back from the drive.jpg
Coming back from a drive at Uncle Jason's
jesse-hunter-fred.jpg
Jesse and Hunter with "Fred". Jason talked us into taking a pup home with us.
randy-jesse cooking.jpg
Jesse and I do some serious cooking. Jesse;'s Aunt took this pic laughing because the burliest killers in the place were doing all the cooking;)

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Good times. . I know i had a blast when i went.down last yr. Jesse didn't know me.from.adam and.invited me.down just cause i seemed like a good guy. Jesse is a great guy and really.puts himself out there. I met greg when i was there that weekend too. I will tell you jesse and greg are some of my favorite people in this world. They are both good guys and i consider them both good friends. I don't get to come down near as much as i would like too. But ill be down soona ne hopefully ill get to meet more of you guys in the future.

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
Good times. . I know i had a blast when i went.down last yr. Jesse didn't know me.from.adam and.invited me.down just cause i seemed like a good guy. Jesse is a great guy and really.puts himself out there. I met greg when i was there that weekend too. I will tell you jesse and greg are some of my favorite people in this world. They are both good guys and i consider them both good friends. I don't get to come down near as much as i would like too. But ill be down soona ne hopefully ill get to meet more of you guys in the future.
Rumor has it you and I will cross paths down there this year, plan on getting dryhumped:smiley_babe:

hunters deer in creek.jpg
Another pic of Hunter and his deer.

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
Ha ha ha awesome....next weekend right? Im looking forward to that one..
The weekend after Halloween. We are headed there Weds sometime and staying till Sunday. Gonna be a big night Saturday night, better start saying sorry to your liver now. We gonna eat warreyes till we puke.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Kick ass tucky. Have fun. Jesse invited me down last year in Mid November. I was going to hunt my lease Sat-Wed and go to Jesse's for Thu-Sun.. I ended up getting on a big deer Wednesday evening and couldn't leave him.. Ended up I did 4 back to back all day sits and never saw him again. I wanted to go down and show you how to shoot that big 10 you missed. LOL... Hopefully you or the boy get another crack at one this year.

Kaiser878

ohio
Man, I must really be an outsider! JEsse never invites me to come hunt or hang out! hmmmppppfffff.:smiley_arrogant:

Kaiser878

ohio
Oh geez! You're not one of THOSE friends, are you Kaiser?

No no. Its ok! Ill just sit at home by myself and do nothing! I mean I enjoy drinking the beer and eating fish, but its ok. Ill just sit at home and stare at the ceiling wondering why my friends dont invite me to gatherings! Its ok.....Really.....I enjoy talknig to myself......ALONE....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
No no. Its ok! Ill just sit at home by myself and do nothing! I mean I enjoy drinking the beer and eating fish, but its ok. Ill just sit at home and stare at the ceiling wondering why my friends dont invite me to gatherings! Its ok.....Really.....I enjoy talknig to myself......ALONE....

Ohhh hush it.... He didn't invite me either this year. No surprise. Tends to happen when you stand someone up the year before on their offer... LOL... I was just going to show up one morning and sit in his stand.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Hoot: I'm from Vincent. Reside in Belpre. It's small town America down here...

Zach: The only reason for you to come down here would be to drink and eat! We don't have any big deer!!! Well, not big enough for your spoiled ass anyways!!! :p

Wayne: You're a good man brother. Appreciate the kind words. We'll have ourselves another good time this year!!!

Randy: You are one of a kind dude and it's been awesome getting to see Hunter grow up in the woods! I will always remember his recall of the first evening hunt behind mom and dad's. I have these fuggers down and we had a rough first morning. I decided to take them to my honey hole where I had a ground blind waiting for them at the intersection of four hollers. Sure as shit, a nice 8 walks right to the set-up and old Hunter never pulled the trigger! Best case of buck fever I have ever seen!!! It was a classic moment in my hunting career.

So was the call less than an hour after I returned home to prep dinner saying: "I got one!". I was hoping it would die in front of the camera and we did get a pic of that deer dead in mid-air! What a great hunt!!!

Attachments

• DSC01159.jpg
    DSC01159.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 206