Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sgt Fury’s 2020 NJ and Ohio deer season

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Haven’t seen a deer since I’ve been here at noon. Thinking it was a mistake coming here with the wrong wind. Think I’ll take a morning stand here tomorrow and get out around 11 before it really warms up...then hunt all day Wednesday and Thursday.

Fletch

Supporting Member
George.... Get your ass in there in the am... That buck is in the area NOW with a lady.. He's not going too far and his girlfriend will dictate his movements over the next day or two... After that God only knows how far he may roam...I'm sure most of your odor is contained in that hut... Go dressed as light as possible. Got shorts?? Wear um... Deer are very unpredictable... A week or so ago I had a buck show up that I was after... I went in on a hot day and assembled a ground blind, sweated my ass off leaving scent everywhere trimming shooting lanes etc. Sat till dark... Nothing.....Next day he showed up right in that spot and hung around for an hour.....

Attachments

• PXL_20201030_221100085.jpg
    PXL_20201030_221100085.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 122

Fletch

Supporting Member
Well.... Look at it this way... When was the last time you were flirting with a booner... He's within a couple hundred yds of your hut... When do you think you'll have another chance at a booner??? Decisions, decisions.... I say sit all day....

Reactions: Sgt Fury

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well.... Look at it this way... When was the last time you were flirting with a booner... He's within a couple hundred yds of your hut... When do you think you'll have another chance at a booner??? Decisions, decisions.... I say sit all day....

Wait wait wait. It’s been a few years since he’s seen a boner. And it was a very small one at that. [emoji23]

George I have the same stands as that and my deer never know I’m there. I can even open the down wind side to get some air. Your thermals will rise until it starts cooling off just before sunset.

Reactions: Sgt Fury and Fletch

Fletch

Supporting Member
Wait wait wait. It’s been a few years since he’s seen a boner. And it was a very small one at that. [emoji23]

George I have the same stands as that and my deer never know I’m there. I can even open the down wind side to get some air. Your thermals will rise until it starts cooling off just before sunset.
The key word here is: "seen".... Don't forget he's retired and loves his jelly donuts.... Can he actually see " his boner " ???

Fletch

Supporting Member
Thanks bud! You decide if you’re going to Illinois soon?
Still undecided.... Between chasing this buck at home and the virus I'm torn... This buck hasn't been on camera in weeks... He went searching for a girlfriend and that area has very very few deer so who knows where he's at...Yesterday I went across road and found a bunch of fresh scrapes and rubs.... Later I pulled two hang ons and hung one in new area... Today I'm resting... Getting too old for that shit...:ROFLMAO:... All my stuff is packed and ready to be loaded... Decide at noon time.... I'd love to get that big 8 in Illinois.... Here's buck I've been chasing at home..
PXL_20201030_221100085.jpg