Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tactacam Reveal Cell Trail Camera....

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
The card still lights up as good on the cam. I've tried different cards still nothing. Took antenna off switched them out still nothing it's not finding service other one won't even light up except one service bar and it stays on.

Attachments

• 20210901_172121.jpg
    20210901_172121.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 130
  • 20210901_171813.jpg
    20210901_171813.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 166

OO2

In the Uplands
The pictures mine sends remotely are 💩. If there was a big buck I was getting pictures of I wouldn’t be able to make out much about him. Maybe it’s settings? Att network.

The card still lights up as good on the cam. I've tried different cards still nothing. Took antenna off switched them out still nothing it's not finding service other one won't even light up except one service bar and it stays on.
Not sure if your cards are the U3 version? That seems to be the critical thing they keep saying, up to 32 gig, Class 10, U3 (writing speed at least 90 mb/s).

This is the one I just got for mine to try.

1630673154726.png

I had picked up a Cabela's 16gb SD card that was there with the Reveals on the display and it worked fine up to this point. It was not the U3 but rather U1 and I would get pics sent to me within 15-20 seconds with Very Weak (one bar) cell service. I just keep hearing this as being the main reason for it not working right, even for people that had wrong cards that worked fine for a while. Other thing they say is not to swap cards between other trail cameras which I would think doing a format on a regular computer would resolve any issues with that.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
HD transfers for reference. It's $5 for 50 and you can pick which ones you get. How detail do ya really need? This is a Reveal X that's been out 4+ months. It's taken 1,940 pics and still has 80% battery life.

View attachment 134587View attachment 134588
That’s pretty good battery life for a cellular cam. These cams are hard to find but I am looking. I was also going to get a solar panel for it but it sounds like I don’t need it.

OO2

In the Uplands
Reactions: Isaacorps

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Convenience often accompanies concession. They're balancing network capabilities with photography capabilities so we can get real-time feedback. If you pull the cards, the pics are just as good as my other cams. They're compressing the files so the bandwidth isn't so extreme and that's why you get the grainy look. There's much better cameras if you want prestine pics, but for the price ans effectiveness, it's hard to nitpick IMO. Like all things in this sport, it's all about personal preference.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sooo my Reveal X arrived yesterday. I have it out close to another cam, both pointing the same way for a test period. That Delta drained my lithiums, so i have energizers until I get more liths this weekend. Anyway, I set the X to take 2 pics for each detection, but it only sends 1 pic. I know it says to give the cam 24 hrs, but its been a while longer than that. Anyone else have this goofy issue ? I can see that the X is taking 2 pics since the IRs fire twice.

Last edited:
Sooo my Reveal X arrived yesterday. I have it out close to another cam, both pointing the same way for a test period. That Delta drained my lithiums, so i have energizers until I get more liths this weekend. Anyway, I set the X to take 2 pics for each detection, but it only sends 1 pic. I know it says to give the cam 24 hrs, but its been a while longer than that. Anyone else have this goofy issue ? I can see that the X is taking 2 pics since the IRs fire twice.
It is only designed to send one pic per sequence. If set to 2 pics it only sends the first. If you set it to 3 pics I believe it sends the #2 pic. The additional pics and videos you have to go to the camera and get from the SD card.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Took a lot of searching but a friend of mine owns a archery shop and called me when the tactacam’s came in. I got one from him, then found a security box while out in Ohio this past weekend. I remembered talking to the owner of another local sporting goods store and he told me they sold out of 36 cameras in a little over an hour….but he had plenty of accessories that weren’t selling as fast as the cams. I called him today and he said he had one solar panel for the tactacam left. Told him I’d be there in ten minutes. Now I have all of the pieces of the puzzle, just going to wait until it gets a little cooler to go put it up. On a side note, the owner of the shop where I got the solar panel said that he wanted to place another order for the tactacams and he was told he wouldn’t be getting anymore shipments this year…they wouldn’t even take his order. The other shop that my buddy owns was told the same thing. Maybe after hunting season they’ll be easier to get ahold of…but I doubt it.😂

NAC1989

Clark county
For anyone looking I just walked out of the Cabela’s in Centerville with 2 of the Verizon models. They had 2 of the AT&T left and 4 or 5 of the Verizon left. I’ve been following along on this cam via the forum since the first model and always wanted one but they’ve always been out of stock. Finally I’ll get to give them a go!