Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 11 - Chasin' Tail

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
It's been raining non stop here for two days. This sucks!!! I'm hoping it clears out of here for the evening, but according to the weather channel that's not supposed to happen.
I just hate to stick one in the rain and not have a blood trail to follow.

Alphamax10

Kirtland, Ohio
I was looking forward to a nice cool weekend hunt. Now they are calling for high 70's! Well a couple morning hunts for me sounds nice. I'll keep you guys posted and good luck!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My youngest son was very close to a shot at a tall 6 pointer tonight. He's a lefty and the damn thing came out on the left... couldn't get in position for the shot.
Then a doe came out the same place and spooked right before the shot. Bummer...

I, on the other hand, have yet to hold my own bow in my hands other than in the backyard to shoot. My time is coming though...

Monday and Tuesday looked like the best weather days this week. So I headed for the woods at noon on Monday. Arrived at my cabin around 1:15 and found that I still had no power there. Drove into Carrollton to find out what was going on. Found out that I was the only customer on the transformer that powers my property due to a recent power pole change. That being the case no one had reported the outage. I was told that any outages I have I need to report. They sent a truck out right away and got the power restored and things were good to go.

Got on stand Monday at 3:45. It was lightly raining and very little wind. Sat until quitting time and never saw anything but a couple of chipmunks.

Hit another stand on Tuesday morning at 6:15. A great morning for watching the squirrels, but the deer were no where in my vicinity. Back on stand at 4:00 and sat again until quitting time. Heard quite a few deer in the brush around me in the last 20 minutes or so, but never caught sight of anything.

The next seven days look like they are going to be to hot for my liking. I will probably take the next week to get a few needed jobs accomplished at home and at the cabin. Unless the weather changes that is my plan.

Alphamax10

Kirtland, Ohio
Was really looking forward to getting out tomorrow night and saturday but with 20-30 mph winds idk. What are your guys thoughts on hunting with heavy winds? My experience is the deer hardly move.