Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 6 - Buck DieNasty

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
The biggest buck in the woods lived to see another day tonight. Got in a small thicket tonight and hung a stand on a corn field edge. I only had 20 yard shots to my north and west. South and east were too thick cause of all the honeysuckle and brush.. He came in from my east, directly into my wind and got right under me. I grabbed my bow and started to draw back and midway through it he heard the arrow on the rest and ran about 25 to 30 yards to my north. No shot opportunity at that point and he slowly worked away due northwest. I never heard my arrow make the noise it did tonight. Sounded just like I was zipping up my jacket... Oh well. I'll get back at it again... Good thing is I don't think he saw me or knew what it was. Just didn't seem right to him and his instincts told him to skedaddle...

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Well, that sucks JD. I have faith in ya! You'll get another chance at him!
I hunted today. Sat from 6:45-12:00 this am. Had 4 does in at 30 yards. Didn't want to shoot one yet. Hunted a new set in a clear cut. Lots of big buck sign around my stand. I logged 8 hrs on stand today. Weather was great for bow hunting.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Only saw 2 does this evening, but I like this spot. Some nice bucks have come out of this woodblock. Probably back out Sunday, then starting some vacation next week.

I hope the corn get's off soon

As my best stands are next to 300+ acers of standing corn

I went out this evening
I saw a deer in the corn
But no shot and wasn't even sure of the sex

As I type , my brother is opening the feild and will harvest till the trucks are full
Hope the weather holds
So he can harvest all day Sunday

If he dose
I might do a all day set next to where he is shelling

John

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Saw three doe in the stand and I shot a coyote. Good pass through shot and he ran out into the standing corn...

This is a dandy buck that made a pass through...

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Well, only hunted 3 evening's and one morning thus far. Just not enough time with a 2 hour commute to work and back. Weekends have been spent with my family, but my vacation is coming up!
I will be hunting daylight till dark from Nov. 9th-17th. Soooooo, looking forward to some ass time in the stand. Good luck to all my team mates and other Toozers as well.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Hunting Belmont County the next couple of days. Probably will be passing on antlerless deer this weekend. Can't wait to see if anything is on the cams.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Had an encounter with this buck tonight. Kind of on the fence, so I guess that means I should hold off.

Attachments

• PICT0713_zpsb1965b30.jpg
    PICT0713_zpsb1965b30.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 162
Last edited: