Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Adventures of Bo and Cole

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Moved 4 pheasants, 2 of them being roosters. Also moved 3 woodcock, 1 is riding home with me.

The pyke Kiowa are no match for ohios thorns. Talk about shredded in 3 hours
That sucks. Buy the Filson waxed chaps and be done with it. They are worth the money.

Reactions: OO2

OO2

In the Uplands
11E1CD07-B386-42F4-B863-1B38B19463F0.jpeg

A tasty way to do woodcock

OO2

In the Uplands
Had a super cool morning today. Roll up to the spot and have roosters cackling. Ended up moving 5 birds total, 4 roosters, only left with one. One may call it conservation, others may call it bad shooting.

Bo was birdy the whole time in the field. Must have been running on us. He had some good points on the birds.

The rooster I did hit I only winged, went to the spot he went down and only found feathers. In that 3-5 seconds of getting to the spot he fell, he must have taken off! Shortly there after bo takes off after him and turns out he was standing proudly over top of him about 75 yards away while I searching the areas where the feathers were.

Felt like I was in Kansas for a bit!

OO2

In the Uplands
Moved 8-10 birds between my friend and I. Bo adds another wild Ohio rooster to his resume, looking forward to tomorrow morning!

Sorry no nice field photo, started spitting snow on us
04B0EF38-66B7-4DF5-BF64-46F7D3617E81.jpeg

As a side note, if you see two trucks at a pull-off, both with dog boxes, it would be safer and basic common courtesy to keep on driving to another spot if you’re a bird hunter. Not my fault you are late 🤷🏼‍♂️

OO2

In the Uplands
Today was a blast. We must have caught a flight last night. The dogs did better today. Still ran over a couple and flushed them, oh well. Should be more dialed tomorrow as they cleaned it up as the day went on.

Had some great points on double and triple birds that was a hell of a flush. Bo slid to a point on 3 birds and I was able to connect on one with the last shell.

The dogs are looking for a new hired gun. Only connected on two of them before I ran out of ammo. Will try to upload the videos.

IMG_3255.jpeg
IMG_3257.jpeg
IMG_3259.jpeg
IMG_3262.jpeg

OO2

In the Uplands
Another fun day, moved a decent amount of birds again today. Ellie had some nice points on birds I missed.

Connected on a bird Bo pointed. The other two flushed wild in front of me or the dogs. I haven’t progressed enough in my upland career to not shoot wild flushes.

Shot better today 3 birds on 6 shells. Hopefully the woodcock hang around for another hunt or two

IMG_5820.jpeg
IMG_3265.jpeg

OO2

In the Uplands