Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Official Camper and Camping Thread

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Picked up our unit this past Saturday. I am very pleased with initial quality on fit and finish. Slapped a Husky 4500 electric jack on it, loaded the gear, ran a few tanks of H2O through everything, ran heater for day and a half, fridge running, A/C works, water heater is hot, radio jams, TV is nice....time to go camping! First voyage is next weekend. Need to get to the scale this Saturday and get my weights tweaked a little but the first 30 mile pull home in that wind was not bad.
image.jpg

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Far from a tent Huck, but one of the cheapest units to get into. Just a memory making machine is all. Whether its with my wife and boys, a TOO shoot/hunt, NASCAR race, or National Tractor Pulling Championships. Instead of beach vacations, this is what we do!

First stop is Portage Lakes next weekend. Only 6 sites at the state park, should be nice. It is only 20mins from my brothers house so well head there Saturday to visit. Nice close trip for the shake down session.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Anyone getting out? We've been on 3 trips to date this summer, with about 300miles on the rig.

1. Portage Lakes State Park
2. Huron River Valley Resort
3. Mohican State Park

I am very pleased with the quality of the Keystone unit. No surprises yet, but I am sure something will come up pop up. Finally gave her a bath when we got home yesterday, amazing how fast new roofs get dirty.

This is what it is all about!
myles 2.jpg
myles.jpg
boys 2.jpg
river.jpg

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Good stuff buddy!

I need a camper like a I need another hole in the head. Sure would be a great thing though after the second kid arrives. Trying to talk the wife in to taking the tent somewhere close for a night, but she always says: "What's there to do?"

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Tell her there's always plenty to do :

eat
drink
fart
talk about the other campers
fart
eat
drink
talk about the other campers
& so on....

Lol Kevin. That is the whole point Jesse, you can do whatever you want! Between breakfast, playing, lunch, naps, playing, dinner, bed.....the time flies by. All is the same as being home except you get to play in cooler places lol. Plus things are more intimate. No sittin in front of the tv, always outside, kids just being kids (me included)!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Lol Kevin. That is the whole point Jesse, you can do whatever you want! Between breakfast, playing, lunch, naps, playing, dinner, bed.....the time flies by. All is the same as being home except you get to play in cooler places lol. Plus things are more intimate. No sittin in front of the tv, always outside, kids just being kids (me included)!

Right on brother! Let's not forget fishing, swimming, and most campgrounds have nice playground areas for the kids. Then there are the walks or bike rides if you throw them in the truck. Some campgrounds have activities in the evenings or mornings. We really enjoy cooking on the open fire as well. The list goes on and on.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Right on brother! Let's not forget fishing, swimming, and most campgrounds have nice playground areas for the kids. Then there are the walks or bike rides if you throw them in the truck. Some campgrounds have activities in the evenings or mornings. We really enjoy cooking on the open fire as well. The list goes on and on.

Yep, that's the "playing" part Phil. I do not like being inside and neither do either of my boys. Ty is old enough to yell at me to go "OUTSIDE" and Myles, well he just does this.
myles.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
HA! I know there is a bunch of fun to be had, but it is new to her. I'm thinking about taking them on a short day trip to Forked Run this weekend. They have a nice, new playground and its not TOO far from home.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
HA! I know there is a bunch of fun to be had, but it is new to her. I'm thinking about taking them on a short day trip to Forked Run this weekend. They have a nice, new playground and its not TOO far from home.

Ahh, didn't catch she's never been camping. Sounds like a good plan for this weekend. Little doses maybe needed before you make her suffer in a tent....or maybe the best thing to justify a pop-up!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I don't mind tent camping, it would just be better for the family to have at the very least a pop-up!

I'm going to take the girls up to Salt Fork this weekend. Nice beach, playgrounds, we can go on a short hike and have a picnic lunch somewhere. Should be a good day to hang out!

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Camper was dewinterized this past weekend and I finished sanitizing the H20 system yesterday......about that time of year boys! Anyone else getting into camping this year?

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Just sold my fifth wheel yesterday to buy my wife's grandparents creampuff fifth wheel. Excited about that for sure. A lot nicer unit.

Starting to come around are ya (last year you mentioned not really your thing), or did the wife have some pull lol? Look forward to seeing the unit, whatcha moving into?