Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The TOO dump thread

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
The annual Veterans Deer Hunt in Lima that I go on every year has been canceled due to EHD. Bummed about it. Here is the email I just got:

"It is with great sadness that we are forced to cancel this years Lima Deer hunt on Nov. 13th -15th. The Covid restrictions were being worked around and then EHD is now running rampant in Allen County. I found 16 dead deer on Husky and smelled 5 more in thick brush, I have no idea how many are dead in the bean fields. 15 deer were found inside the test track at JSMC with only are quarter of the woods searched. People on Reed Rd., south side of JSMC, are complaining of the smell with many having dead deer in their yards. As more people get out, the further they find it has spread. We are extremely sorry for this but all the area coordinators were involved with the decision and we will start working on next years hunt. All those who applied this year will be invited next year if you are still interested. Again from all of us at Hunting with Hero's "Thank you for your Service", stay well, and we will see you soon!

Man, that sucks!

If by chance you're lacking hunting property opportunities, get a hold of me sometime. I'm sure I can make something happen for ya buddy.

Fletch

Supporting Member
How is the hand Fletch
Still swollen and draining, also still hurts... Got a virtual Drs. Appt. this afternoon.. Maybe he'll prescribe some antibiotic's... Gotta just weather the storm.... Thanks for asking...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I had heard that too. Sorry Dustin. Talked to WO yesterday. 120-130 confirmed now. Who knows how many more dead? Stinks you are missing out on a great hunt. At least you don't live here. Lol. Not sure what to expect this season.

Reactions: Dustinb80

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
2DA6E050-821B-4ED5-A283-86B39668D3A9.jpeg

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Plenty of things keeps us here. Weather is great (most times). We get a 5 day notice that a hurricane is coming, how much time you get for a tornado? Our food and seafood can’t be beat! Our women are the most beautiful women in the country. Wildlife is abundant, fish and liberal limits. I’m sure I’m missing 10,000 other reasons. Get back to you later [emoji23]

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Plenty of things keeps us here. Weather is great (most times). We get a 5 day notice that a hurricane is coming, how much time you get for a tornado? Our food and seafood can’t be beat! Our women are the most beautiful women in the country. Wildlife is abundant, fish and liberal limits. I’m sure I’m missing 10,000 other reasons. Get back to you later [emoji23]

Far far fewer liberals, real sweet tea, and fantastic food.