Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FYI The Tool & Implement Thread

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Pull behind sprayers...

What size, brand, gallon capacity and boom width ya using? I need to kill off the front 1-2 acres for new lawn install and will use to maintain a 680' drive, along with other areas. My 4gal backpack sprayer ain't gonna cut it....Agri-fab, North Star, Brinly, Ironton, etc? Expensive as all get out and all seem to have some type of design flaw it seems. Here's what I'm leaning towards, but I subscribe to buy once and cry once, which puts it close to $500 REAL quick. 70 psi and 2gpm+ would be ideal for all jobs, but damn.....

Screenshot_20210828-191948_Amazon Shopping.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You have a quad? Just put one on the back rack. I use a 25 gallon on my 700 Grizzly. So handy. I think I have a Northern tool boom but you could easily make one just like it. It isn't extravagant. Just buy a cheap one. I've bought cheap and expensive. The pump goes out on either one. The rest is just fittings and a tank.

Yes I bought the 15 gallon sprayer Sportsman’s Guide had with both the wand sprayer and the boom sprayer out the back. Really like it but learned this year how important it is to clean the motor thoroughly. Had to replace the motor this year to use it. The hand sprayer also must have had water left in it so when stored last winter it cracked.

1630212942733.jpeg

Still does the job. Get about 8 to 10 ft swath with the single boom nozzle out the back. Perfect for doing my step moms driveway and all the plots.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm in the same boat, Jesse. High Voltage acres causing undo wear on my Cub Cadet. I've mowed some serious shit with this machine. My mower does not know it's not a brush hog. 23 hp. Kohler Command handles it fine. bearings not so much, lol. I just cannot justify a bigger tractor for what I do with it over there.

View attachment 134156
I feel much better about my wreckless mowing behavior now! 😂

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Dad has a 23hp Kubota with a 60" belly mower on it that's 8" at the highest setting. He always tells me "Remember, it's not a brushhog." Well, sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do and my Cub Cadet has done some brush cutting in it's day! And now you understand why I break a lot of shit! 😂

Karma sure is a bitch. Didn't mow the backyard all of August due to rain and scheduling conflicts. Remembered the stump on the first pass. Forgot on the second. #fuckered

20210904_154747.jpg

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Impressive, Jesse! Good and fuckered is right. Lol

This weekend I went to Rural in hopes of finding a Milwaukee battery powered blower. I found one… $160 for the tool only, no battery. Then I look high up on the shelf and see the Milwaukee “chainsaw kit.” Intrigued, I pull it down for closer inspection. Package included a M18 Fuel chainsaw, a BLOWER that I wanted, a battery charger, AND a HD12 battery for $449. No-brainer. In the cart it went. I didn’t need another chainsaw. I have a Husq 445 that runs just fine. But hell, one more couldn’t hurt.

Earlier this summer we picked up a RYOBI 40V weed whacker and have been thoroughly impressed by the battery life as well as it's power. We decided on that model because it had so many additional options for add-ons and was eyeing the pole saw attachment they had. Well for my birthday the family got me the pole saw, including a second battery. I had been talking about it for a while and with all the branches we have hanging low to mow under I think that made the final decision to purchase pretty easy. Well I finally found time to actually get it going and do some cutting along the side of our yard where we had several limbs blow down and hanging from our latest storm. I was very impressed at how easy it cuts even the biggest of oak limbs. Although it isn't balanced easily when carrying horizontally once you get it vertical it is easy to move into position and let it eat. Not sure how it would do with reaching out from say a treestand but anything vertical is easy. I cut no less than 50 limbs from around an inch to well over 6 inch diameter and it just kept going. I then took the battery and put it on the weed whacker to see how much longer I could go. I finished all around our front yard that hadn't been whacked in a good month before it quit. Definitely a great purchase!

1632746320960.jpeg