Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tinnitus

P8riot

Carbon, In
Tinnitus is your brain sending a signal to your ears to see if they are working due to hearing damage over the years. Its like a constant mic check if there is no noise. Just make sure there is always noise around. Fan, low music, etc.

P8riot

Carbon, In
I can hear a water drip, air leaking in a tire, and other noises that I would think a lot of people couldn't. I'll be damned if I can't hear my wife on the other side of the house ask me a question 3 rooms and 6 walls away at a volume barely louder than a whisper. But I'm deaf as she tells me 10 times a week. I just have to remind her that my brain has purposely blocked the frequency of her voice as a defense mechanism against mental torture.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well, went and finally got the hearing eval. Yep, fitted for hearing aids and January 25 for getting them. After the test the Dr said my hearing can best be described as trying too read a sentence when each word is missing a few letters. The louder the room the lesser the letters….
Our kids were in for the holidays, with a house full of people and dogs, I couldn’t hear much of the conversations and was getting frustrated. Got too the point I was staying away from them and spending time outside with the dogs. At one point my son texted me and said quit being antisocial and join in the family time. It struck a nerve…. I called the VA Tuesday, got in Thursday and got the ball rolling.
I was letting my inability too hear what was going on, affect my family time… That’s coming too a stop…. So hopefully these will allow me too better hear what I’ve been missing….. Who knows, I might actually be able too hear conversations around the campfire at stroud’s this year!

Left field

Well, went and finally got the hearing eval. Yep, fitted for hearing aids and January 25 for getting them. After the test the Dr said my hearing can best be described as trying too read a sentence when each word is missing a few letters. The louder the room the lesser the letters….
Our kids were in for the holidays, with a house full of people and dogs, I couldn’t hear much of the conversations and was getting frustrated. Got too the point I was staying away from them and spending time outside with the dogs. At one point my son texted me and said quit being antisocial and join in the family time. It struck a nerve…. I called the VA Tuesday, got in Thursday and got the ball rolling.
I was letting my inability too hear what was going on, affect my family time… That’s coming too a stop…. So hopefully these will allow me too better hear what I’ve been missing….. Who knows, I might actually be able too hear conversations around the campfire at stroud’s this year!
Best of luck, not being a debbie downer I find it very hard to hear in a crowded noisy environment , really hope you don’t miss out on the family time though

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
That turnaround time is unheard of! I had an appointment in the fall for getting my hearing aid test…the facility had a power outage and the had to reschedule me..for January!! I’m in the same boat as you, not being able to hear people and also the tv. Constantly asking the wife “what did he say”. Hope it works out for you as I should be following right behind in getting hearing aids.