Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tinnitus

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Weather changed fairly dramatically the last couple days, that’ll make it worse every time. Got too get in to a ENT to get the whole plugging of the ear. Sister had to get a tube installed in hers because of this last year.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I'll have to keep an eye on the barometric pressure and see if there is any correlation.

Screenshot_20220327-192004_HuntFish OH.jpg

Last edited:

Jamie

Ohio
mine never stops. this has gotten much worse in the last 12 months for me. I had to do something.

I just dropped some serious coin on hearing aids last week. The Audiologist tells me that tinnitus rises from or gets worse from sensory hearing loss. Because your ears cannot hear sounds in certain frequencies you "hear" the ringing instead, which is why having background noise helps alleviate some of the ringing. The Audiologist also tells me that wearing hearing aids regularly can also help reduce ringing when you are not wearing them. We'll see about that soon enough. This is one of those things that I'm just angry and frustrated about. Not because wearing hearing aids will be embarrassing or anything like that. Seems like this is just bad luck for me. I've taken great care to wear hearing protection all of my life. I have never run power tools or shot my guns (except while hunting) without PROPER hearing protection. Never worked in a loud factory or attended many loud concerts. This is pretty much just one more genetic defect. None of the doctors I've spoken with will neither confirm nor deny that this has anything to do with Covid 19.

The more capable (i.e. more expensive) devices are bluetooth connective and can be operated by and in conjunction with smart phones. These are very sophisticated equipment. I have deliberated my problem for many months, and I'm going forward with this to try and get some relief from the ringing. My sensory hearing loss is only a problem in a noisy, crowded place like a restaurant or something, which I don't really frequent. I struggle to hear people three feet away from me in such places, but otherwise I can still hear. Still, every sound I encounter competes with this god damned ringing in my head. this really fucking sucks.

Left field

Born with bad hearing and job(s) I have don’t help wife wants us to take sign language have Signia hearing aids from va right one doesn’t work probably user error best of luck

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
mine never stops. this has gotten much worse in the last 12 months for me. I had to do something.

I just dropped some serious coin on hearing aids last week. The Audiologist tells me that tinnitus rises from or gets worse from sensory hearing loss. Because your ears cannot hear sounds in certain frequencies you "hear" the ringing instead, which is why having background noise helps alleviate some of the ringing. The Audiologist also tells me that wearing hearing aids regularly can also help reduce ringing when you are not wearing them. We'll see about that soon enough. This is one of those things that I'm just angry and frustrated about. Not because wearing hearing aids will be embarrassing or anything like that. Seems like this is just bad luck for me. I've taken great care to wear hearing protection all of my life. I have never run power tools or shot my guns (except while hunting) without PROPER hearing protection. Never worked in a loud factory or attended many loud concerts. This is pretty much just one more genetic defect. None of the doctors I've spoken with will neither confirm nor deny that this has anything to do with Covid 19.

The more capable (i.e. more expensive) devices are bluetooth connective and can be operated by and in conjunction with smart phones. These are very sophisticated equipment. I have deliberated my problem for many months, and I'm going forward with this to try and get some relief from the ringing. My sensory hearing loss is only a problem in a noisy, crowded place like a restaurant or something, which I don't really frequent. I struggle to hear people three feet away from me in such places, but otherwise I can still hear. Still, every sound I encounter competes with this god damned ringing in my head. this really fucking sucks.

Reactions: Jamie

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I just got home from work & as I'm eating, the wife says... ( while my ears are ringing ), that she watched something on her phone about some dr talking about the causes of tinnitus which has nothing to do with the ears, but in the brain. She started naming things off.... alzhimers, parkinsons , memory loss.... I stopped her right there.