Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tips, tricks, practice, must buys, etc...

firstflight111

OHIO
Maybe I was misleading in post way back when that firstflight decided he had to dig up... But my whole purpose in kicking snow is to expose the soil beneath it, not so much the stubble. When you see where birds have been actively feeding, they dig through the snow to get to the grain. There's a distinct contrast between the snow and the soil. The snow takes on a "dirty" look from the air. Birds flying over notice this shit. In summary... I'm not kicking snow to expose grain... I'm kicking snow to mimick an active feed, which helps convince pressured birds that it's OK to land in my decoys.
Don't be mad because you made a mistake and it got pointed out .
just trying to help out all the new guys to do the right thing .
just because you do it doesn't make it right .
before you flex your chest trying to defend you actions call you the local district. Or email them and post there response .

firstflight111

OHIO
Sorry if it offends you that I am new here and read some old posts .that's what new people do and the lurkers also .
And sorry i responded to correct you and a mistake

And if a post count gives you forum credibility, I have great knowledge of waterfowling and turkey hunting
I got more years waterfowl then most of you have been alive .

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
So now let me get this straight just so I know. If I go into a snow covered field and setup a decoy spread and I happen to get a few corn stalks wrapped around my boot and they flip up on top of the snow I can't hunt the field for 10 days because it is now baited?

I am confused here. Yet another reason I don't hunt birds. Way to many confusing rules and way to many gray areas of the law I guess

Maybe I was misleading in post way back when that firstflight decided he had to dig up... But my whole purpose in kicking snow is to expose the soil beneath it, not so much the stubble. When you see where birds have been actively feeding, they dig through the snow to get to the grain. There's a distinct contrast between the snow and the soil. The snow takes on a "dirty" look from the air. Birds flying over notice this shit. In summary... I'm not kicking snow to expose grain... I'm kicking snow to mimick an active feed, which helps convince pressured birds that it's OK to land in my decoys.

I completely understand why you would do it as it makes complete sense. As far as 'the law' coming down on you well I find it hard to believe they would say anything unless of course there's a crap load of grain in them scuff marks LOL!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
So now let me get this straight just so I know. If I go into a snow covered field and setup a decoy spread and I happen to get a few corn stalks wrapped around my boot and they flip up on top of the snow I can't hunt the field for 10 days because it is now baited?

I am confused here.
Yep... You're exactly right, Red. Hahhahahaaa.

FF, don't worry I'm not mad. I have nothing to be mad about. No reason to "flex my chest" either. I never have been able to do that sweet pec flex trick the muscleheads do anyway. I didn't make any mistake either in anything I've said... not sure where you're coming up with that. All I did was clarify my intentions. I really don't give a shit what you think is right or wrong... And I really don't give a shit if you been waterfowling since before I was born... I know a ton of people who've been golfing their whole lives too and still fuckin suck at the game.

firstflight111

OHIO
You hunt how you want ,I will do it all legal .and I don't golf. when you spend 120 day's. A year hunting birds you learn the law to protect yourself and your hunting rights .
you can poke and make fun of what I say but at the end of the day I know I did it right .

Waterfowl is different then deer .

firstflight111

OHIO
Yep... You're exactly right, Red. Hahhahahaaa.

FF, don't worry I'm not mad. I have nothing to be mad about. No reason to "flex my chest" either. I never have been able to do that sweet pec flex trick the muscleheads do anyway. I didn't make any mistake either in anything I've said... not sure where you're coming up with that. All I did was clarify my intentions. I really don't give a shit what you think is right or wrong... And I really don't give a shit if you been waterfowling since before I was born... I know a ton of people who've been golfing their whole lives too and still fuckin suck at the game.
the way you talk sure sounds like your a little mad .and with you're nice use of profanity show you are a little heated .
Don't take it so hard buddy learn from your mistakes .

Milo

Tatonka guide.
You hunt how you want ,I will do it all legal .and I don't golf. when you spend 120 day's. A year hunting birds you learn the law to protect yourself and your hunting rights .
you can poke and make fun of what I say but at the end of the day I know I did it right .

Waterfowl is different then deer .
i bet you only have 10 ducks in your freezer too
rotflmao

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
the way you talk sure sounds like your a little mad .and with you're nice use of profanity show you are a little heated .
Don't take it so hard buddy learn from your mistakes .
I realize you are trying to "help" others, but you said your peace. Obviously, not everyone here agrees, so leave it at that. You're obviously concerned with baiting, yet you have no problems tossing a little out here to draw in the crowd.

I say we give him ten days for baiting, moderators, what say ye?

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I realize you are trying to "help" others, but you said your peace. Obviously, not everyone here agrees, so leave it at that. You're obviously concerned with baiting, yet you have no problems tossing a little out here to draw in the crowd.

I say we give him ten days for baiting, moderators, what say ye?
he can put his things in this personalized box i had made up douche-bag-big.jpg and get them when he returnslmao