Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Fishing Outing - May 7th and 8th - AEP Rec Land

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The wife is heading to NC the weekend of May 7-8th for a family thing and being the loving, all knowing wife she is, she didn't ask me to attend knowing full well I would politely decline! rotflmao

So that means I know of one weekend where a camping trip to AEP is in order. I don't have the details on the area just yet, but Greg can point us in the right direction. I plan on heading up Friday mid-afternoon to set up camp, fish the evening, enjoy a wild game dinner, then hit the sack. The plan for Saturday is to find sheds, shrooms, ramps, and fish for dinner. (We won't eat the sheds, just talk about them over beer!) Hopefully this is far enough in advance, some of you can plan on attending.

So who's in? Who might make it? Let's get together for a good weekend!!! :pickle:

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
It just so happens I start long break that Friday, so you can count me in for sure. Once we get a better idea on the number of people attending, we can choose a campground.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It just so happens I start long break that Friday, so you can count me in for sure. Once we get a better idea on the number of people attending, we can choose a campground.

Awesome! I was hoping you'd be in for it!!! I'd love nothing more than to see a group of TOO'ers sitting around a campfire on Saturday night, drinking cold ones, while eating fresh shrooms, ramps, crappie, and blue gill! Along with some tenderloin and goose of course!!!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I think I will make it. Need to check with my scheduler (wife) but if there isn't any plans already I'll be there. Should I bring the canoe? Can you shoot on the AEP lands..Legally? :) I hope this comes through because I could use some "guy" time.

Kinda jacked,

Beentown

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Let me see what happens in the next couple weeks here and I will be able to tell one way or another with more certainty. Sounds like it would be a great time though :D.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
We did have a tripped planned but I was able to postpone it until later in the month. That cost me a shopping trip I am sure. Fugg it!

Red - I could drive and save some fuel costs for ya.

Beentown

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
You can hunt on the AEP lands, but I do not know of any places to go and shoot. You could most definitely bring your canoe. If we can get enough people to attend, we could hold a tournament. Winners would get TOO bragging rights!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Is there a ramp.there that could handle launching a decent size boat?

Some of the campground ponds and larger lake have gravel boat ramps. What size is the boat? They have a 9.9hp limit on all lakes.

Also, if you guys need additional info on the place, you can find it all here:

http://www.aep.com/environmental/recreation/recland/Default.aspx?mr=0

You do have to have a signed permit with you at all times, but you can register and print one out from the link above. They also have a list on the permit of all the rules to abide by. Camping is free on a first come, first serve basis.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dang that sounds fun. I'm already planning on going to an IBO shoot in Indiana on the 13th, so I kind of doubt I'll be able to pull off two weekends in a row of guy time. Frick.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Dang that sound like it would be fun. I've always wanted to do some fishin' at the AEP lands. Heard good things.

I'm not sure if my wife would be willing to reschedule my daughter's birthday party though? Something tells me I won't be able to get around that.... :smiley_blackeye:

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
sounds good to me...Ill check with the wife and see what our schedules are like, but I should be good to go for Sat...I'll probably have to drive down early sat morning and just meet you guys there.