Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Gathering (Roll Call and items Needed)

Roll Call

• Total voters

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Anyone gonna be offended if I bring Remigton? The wife is headed to Cleveland for the weekend and my uncle who usually watches him, is also leaving this weekend. I don't have a good place to leave him now. Those that have been around him can vouch that he's a good dog and won't be of any nuisance. And if he is, I'll bust his ass! LOL. I'll have his cage and he can stay at camp if we're into something he doesn't need to be apart of...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
If you wanna shoot trap, being quarters so we can shoot for $!!!

I should have 180 clays, a thrower, and 200 rounds, plus the Benelli and Mossy O/U for my buddy and I.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I might have to bring my house mutt also jesse. Sitters father died. Sure wish i could just throw her in the kennel with the coondogs for the weekend. But that little prissy thing would die i just know it.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I hope that thunderstorm forecast changes for Saturday. On the bright side, if it rains here early I can get out there earlier if game gets cancelled. However... that would mean rain on you guys... I'll just hope for dry weather.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Thinking of bringing some corn on the cob. I've only cooked it once over an open fire. Anyone else have more experience with this? I don't want it to be a flop.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Thinking of bringing some corn on the cob. I've only cooked it once over an open fire. Anyone else have more experience with this? I don't want it to be a flop.

I have. Just peel back the husk and get as much silk as you can off, then hit with some spray butter pretty lightly. Lay the husk back down and wrap in fool. 15-30 minutes depending on the corn and the heat. We do it like that a good bit and it turns out good.

Schu72

Streetsboro
I have. Just peel back the husk and get as much silk as you can off, then hit with some spray butter pretty lightly. Lay the husk back down and wrap in fool. 15-30 minutes depending on the corn and the heat. We do it like that a good bit and it turns out good.

We soaked them in water with the husks still on and put them right over the fire (on a rack). It kinda of steamed them? Pull off the husks after 10-15 min add butter and salt? But like I said we only did it once and there was quite a bit of drinking so this is to the best of my recolection.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm shooting to be there by 3:30 tomorrow afternoon. It would have been earlier, but I have an ops meeting tomorrow at 10, so my ass better be there. I'm going to let the campground and weather situation fall where it may. We're men, we'll adapt and overcome. And we'll let Huck tag along! rotflmao

I have deer burgers and potatoes for tomorrow. Back straps for Saturday. I have breakfast for Saturday covered. I have a grill, folding table, saw horses and plywood for another table, cornhole boards, bows, poles, guns, clays, a thrower, tent with spare room and beer. Oh, two 10x10 canopies, firewood, and a partridge in a pear tree! LOL!!!

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
Got some chili cheese brats, deer steaks, hot dog buns, plenty of hamburger buns, paper plates, plasticware, trash bags, chips, a 2 burner campstove, propane lantern, a 10 by 10 pop up awning, bow and some other odds and ends, and my tent, I should be there before 3:30 Jesse so I will call ya when I get there, looking forward to meeting everyone and having a good time!!!!!