Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Homesteading

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
C9B0BF81-6FEC-4A82-8C00-6EBACCB751D5.jpeg
I have been clearing ground like a frontiersman lately. About two acres of our little woods is gone. Cut it in September or October. Piling and burning brush has become my new hobby. Gonna dig a pond in July.

Lost two ducks in the barn last night. Bums me out and pisses me off at the same time. The whole bottom half was stripped on the one, the other had its asshole eaten out. I assume it's a possum, but am a little surprised it made it into the pen. I'll be on the war path for a few days.

Hate to hear, but it happens unfortunately. Bit don't get mad, get even.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
That was short lived. Lost another last night, this one was eaten more. Traps weren't touched and I can't see any tracks near the in/out hole, so it got in some other way. After I took inventory of how it got in, I wonder about a weasel. Except I never see them and I'm highly suspect, but a coon or possum doesn't make much sense now. I'll reassess this evening and cross my fingers again.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sounds like a weasel or a mink. Likely a weasel. Suckers are tiny so they can get in and out through areas you'd least expect. I'd move the ducks to another spot temporarily and set some bait with a trailcam to see what you're dealing with.

Reactions: giles