Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Homesteading

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Maybe you could also try something more scent based as a bait....peanut butter perhaps? I don’t know if it’ll work on a weasel but a coon or possum will find it. Trail cam with one of the carcasses as bait sounds like a good idea to find out what you’re dealing with.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Nothing happened Saturday night, which meant last night was the night based on the previous two attacks. Sure enough, had a big boar grinner in the box trap. I'm still a little suspicious as to how he got in the barn, but it's possible. Anyways, just when I was debating his death, I noticed the watering trough was just slightly bigger than the box trap and full of water...

Fuck that possum. 😎

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
40B99EE8-2E8B-4354-9481-D224FB0D4ADB.gif

Reactions: triple_duece

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
I was reading your post and wondering what a big boar grinner was lol. I figured it out. Never heard that down here. Dispatch that fug.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Nothing happened Saturday night, which meant last night was the night based on the previous two attacks. Sure enough, had a big boar grinner in the box trap. I'm still a little suspicious as to how he got in the barn, but it's possible. Anyways, just when I was debating his death, I noticed the watering trough was just slightly bigger than the box trap and full of water...

Fuck that possum. 😎
The horse farm I worked on when I was 13, owner used to catch coons in her barns in a cage. Thats how we got rid of them, drop the cage in the trough in the morning, pull it out at the end of the day, dump the body, reload for the next morning. Drown and repeat

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
The horse farm I worked on when I was 13, owner used to catch coons in her barns in a cage. Thats how we got rid of them, drop the cage in the trough in the morning, pull it out at the end of the day, dump the body, reload for the next morning. Drown and repeat
Best way too do skunks also

Reactions: 5Cent

rooster85

Lake County
How many of you guys have those bottle trees? I have never been a fan, what's the purpose?

In the Marines we used to decorate the trees in front of our barracks every weekend. It helped with morale until first sergeant seen it on Mondays, then we were painting rocks, sweeping parking lots and drinking heavily at lunch. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: giles and Sgt Fury

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
In the Marines we used to decorate the trees in front of our barracks every weekend. It helped with morale until first sergeant seen it on Mondays, then we were painting rocks, sweeping parking lots and drinking heavily at lunch. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought they only trusted y’all with crayons....

Reactions: giles and Sgt Fury