Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Projects Thread

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Didn’t jeep have a 304 V8?
That's a 1947. So it would of had the straight 4 in it. It's got a Ford 302 in it now it actually sits in there pretty nice. My boss has a bunch of toys he's got a 67 bronco I did a few years ago all fiber glass like this with a 4 b Cummins in it. We also built a 1977 highboy Ford with a twin turboed Cummings in it. Never drives them but they looks pretty.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
That's a 1947. So it would of had the straight 4 in it. It's got a Ford 302 in it now it actually sits in there pretty nice. My boss has a bunch of toys he's got a 67 bronco I did a few years ago all fiber glass like this with a 4 b Cummins in it. We also built a 1977 highboy Ford with a twin turboed Cummings in it. Never drives them but they looks pretty.
Any pictures of the high boy? i kick myself over and over for passing one of those 77’s up while stationed in Arkansas....

Reactions: giles

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Jeeps often had 4BT modifications done to them too.

Yes @"J" there were some with v8. Also straight 6 or v6. Once they got newer than mid 80s I'm not sure what all they offered. 4/6/8 in mid 80s and older.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Any pictures of the high boy? i kick myself over and over for passing one of those 77’s up while stationed in Arkansas....
I actually think It may be a 79 now that I think of it but we may have just used a 79 front clip on it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210125-204216_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210125-204216_Facebook.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 94

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I actually think It may be a 79 now that I think of it but we may have just used a 79 front clip on it.
I believe 78 1/2 had the rectangular headlights.... Prior years had the round headlights.
Regardless, that’s a sweet looking truck. He must have those too offset his 401K portfolio 😂

Reactions: OO2

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I had a 77 High Boy. Wish I didn't sell it either but it had a flatbed. We used it for a work truck. Had the cab repaired and repainted. It was pretty sharp. Rebuilt the engine. New transmission. Thing was a beast. Pretty sure it had round headlights. Those are nice trucks.

Reactions: 5Cent

Bowkills

Nw oh
Fridge people? Purchased nov 7th a frigidaire side by side bottom freezer. It froze up with the fridge warming up. It's flashing a code for this fan. I put it in diagnostic mode, all things point to this. So if I'd call a person would I have to pay his bill initially if it's under warranty and fight to get reimbursed for a 80 dollar motor and labor? Got some electrical tests to try first before ordering a new one but it's bullshit appliances aren't made for a damn anymore.

Bowkills

Nw oh
Fridge people? Purchased nov 7th a frigidaire side by side bottom freezer. It froze up with the fridge warming up. It's flashing a code for this fan. I put it in diagnostic mode, all things point to this. So if I'd call a person would I have to pay his bill initially if it's under warranty and fight to get reimbursed for a 80 dollar motor and labor? Got some electrical tests to try first before ordering a new one but it's bullshit appliances aren't made for a damn anymore.
image.jpeg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Just for @giles, I wiped down the garage door tonight. Doubt that's happened since it was installed in 1996. I also completed Task 2 of the garage door. We all know and love PB Blaster, but for $5, this brought total silence to a terribly noisy garage door. Every last squeak, moan, groan, and rattle is gone. I bet I cut the decibel level in half between the grease and the new opener. The final task is replacing the weather stripping at the bottom to repair all the tears and where the mice chewed their way in years ago. Need a good, warm day for that though.

20210127_172710.jpg

20210127_172730.jpg