Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Weight Loss - Biggest Loser Edition

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You guys are really kicking ass!

Not so much a weight loss topic, but definitely health oriented... I've been making it a routine to do a series of stretches every night and spend some time on an inversion table. For the past couple years, my left hip and my lower back have given me some grief. Symptoms have been in line with those of sciatica. So my stretches focus on that and the inversion table just feels really good. I've been very happy with the results so far. I would recommend inversion therapy to anyone, even if you don't have any current back issues.

Reactions: finelyshedded

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina

Not so much a weight loss topic, but definitely health oriented... I've been making it a routine to do a series of stretches every night and spend some time on an inversion table. For the past couple years, my left hip and my lower back have given me some grief. Symptoms have been in line with those of sciatica. So my stretches focus on that and the inversion table just feels really good. I've been very happy with the results so far. I would recommend inversion therapy to anyone, even if you don't have any current back issues.

X2 but a word of caution, if you’re prone to headaches, especially migraines be careful as this compounds that issue.

How long do you do the inversion table for Jim?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I've lost weight, but it's due to losing muscle mass. I need this new gym to open just over the hill from my office, then I can get back to working out. I'm getting my steps in every day, which also helps. I'm holding steady at 201-205, which is good enough for me. Better than 240!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

X2 but a word of caution, if you’re prone to headaches, especially migraines be careful as this compounds that issue.

How long do you do the inversion table for Jim?

I usually hang for anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes, but I've been on it for as long as 25 minutes or so. Just depends on my mood.

I worried about the headaches because I get them all the time, including migraines on occasion. But thankfully the inversion table hasn't seemed to trigger any. Maybe I'm just lucky because that is definitely a common issue when you read the online reviews.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
When I was dealing with my pinched nerve in my neck I brought it up to an orthopedic friend and he told me about the issues with the headaches and said to tread lightly with it.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
20180520_203135.jpg

got a pretty good one considering I worked in the garden after turkey hunting then run the bush hog for about 3 hours..

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Decided I missed baseball enough to come out of retirement and play in the adult league again this year. First practice was last night and I'm feeling it today! :cry: It's been 3 years since I've seen a lot of those guys and I heard multiple times: "Damn, you lost a ton of weight." which is one of the best back-handed compliments ever! :ROFLMAO: Yes, I know I was a fat ass last time we saw each other! :ROFLMAO:

Proud of you Rick! It ain't easy losing 30+ pounds and you did it like a boss! (y)

Reactions: MoonLab and xbowguy

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Heard that! One guy asked me last night how I did it and I told him "keto and exercise". He said he doesn't have the discipline for that and I told him he'd always be fat if that was the case. :ROFLMAO: Gotta find what motivates you, then be too damn stubborn to fail!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Finally dipped below 200 after almost 6 months of trying to cut back to "beach" weight. Haven't been to the gym in 6 weeks, but I've reached my Fitbit activity goals all but 5 days in that stretch. I shifted focus from exercise to making sure I burned more calories than I took in, while being extra disciplined with my intermittent fasting and time restricting eating. Just listened to a great podcast with George St. Pierre and Joe Rogan last night and GSP has been doing the IF and time restricting eating for 6 months and says he's never felt better. Having messed with both for nearly 5 years now, I wholeheartedly believe in it and recommend it to those who want to be healthier, but struggle to find time to exercise. I only eat between 12-8PM and fast on Mondays for at least 18 hours. Give it a try if you're looking for something new!

Reactions: xbowguy