Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Weight Loss - Biggest Loser Edition

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
First ride since getting snipped. Felt good to sweat but was not an easy or comfy ride lol. But it's a Monday, 1st of month, and the weather has finally broke for summer... what better day to kick it back off:

Screenshot_20200601-180610.png

We decided to get our old bikes out and check them over a couple weeks ago, just thinking we could get more use out of them rather than just walking. They have to be 21+ years old anyway as we had them before Jenna was born. Tires were cracking but everything else looked good so I ordered new tires and tubes for both Terry's and mine. Put them on and a new bike seat for Terry's and off we have gone. I've been riding mine more than walking lately and enjoying it. I forgot how nice it is to put some distance on and get out further from the house. Just one of many many projects we have gotten done and for the better anyway. Haven't really lost any weight yet but it is helping keep me busy and not eating all the time LOL.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I only gained 2#s during quarantine, but my healthy has declined. Joints ache more. Sleep is worse. Energy levels aren't great. All because I've been eating like hell. I'm back to work and have a somewhat regular schedule again, so I'm getting back on the right track with diet. I need to lose 17#s and I'll be happy. We leave for the beach in 60 days. That's a ready-made SMART goal.

Stressless

Keene, OH
Tracking, currently at #207 from #227 ten more to go, took a break for 18 months from running due to back pain, started back up last month and 30 min run smokes +500 calories so that's helpful. Also after plateauing for about a month, I started skipping... Ahhh I mean Intermittent fasting, (IF) everything gotta have a catch phrase... IF made a big change/jump in all respects, energy, fat burn etc. I eat in a four hour window, 1700-2100 normal dinner without binging, my body type mesomorph truly responds to the IF plan. I do it 5+ days a week and don't get lethargic, act like a piss-ant or whatever in between feedings. My lovely bride of 32 years... she NEEDS to eat to be around... LoL..

To read a bit more this is a good primer on IF and what it does with your hormones and such.
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/intermittent-fasting-guide

Reactions: 5Cent

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I need to quit thinking about it and buy a bike.

I'm down to 210 just by being more mindful of my caloric intake and being much more active now that I'm back to a normal routine. I could get to 200 in 3 weeks if I'd add some legit exercise and go strict keto. Until then, I'll keep my intermittent fasting routine in place and be happy I've lost all my quarantine weight.

Reactions: 5Cent and MoonLab

Bowkills

Nw oh
Laid stone in sun in the am. Laid on my back n the shade on a concrete slab for 30mins to try to cool off at lunch, laid stone in the sun after lunch. id like to know how many calories I burn/consume on a weekly basis in the summer. I know I can eat and drink as much as I want and it won't effect weight.

Reactions: 5Cent

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio

I'm down to 210 just by being more mindful of my caloric intake and being much more active now that I'm back to a normal routine. I could get to 200 in 3 weeks if I'd add some legit exercise and go strict keto. Until then, I'll keep my intermittent fasting routine in place and be happy I've lost all my quarantine weight.

Get The Bike Jesse...Get The Fukin' Bike!.... LOL

Actually, you will be lucky to find a bike..... Been watching Wally-World and it is pretty much EMPTY on the regular.

Reactions: bowhunter1023

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina

739873D5-EAA0-4B80-9A4E-EB4B2A75FD82.jpeg

Got one in the shed I’ll sell ya 😂😂😂
Maybe this should go in the 70’s thread 😂😂😂

Reactions: bowhunter1023