Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Triple duece and clan Toto edition

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Unless it’s not his deer and someone else’s wound [emoji2373]. Funny thing is his blood trail looked like liver blood and no lung

Even still that deer in the picture should be dead dead. It not in the knuckle and right in the V. Sucks to hear that you guys aren't seeing much. The sign says there are big ones around. The heat must have them running at night.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Had a good hunt this morning. Seen 11 deer, one possible shooter. Does and young bucks harassing the does.

Jarrid back is killing him, he said first deer he can shoot will die. Well a fork horn gave up the ghost. Jarrid is laid up at the motel now.

We cleaning his deer and look towards the house and there is 3 does and a decent buck crossing towards us. Hunter grabs his bow and runs down in the finger. Said they crossed 80 yards from him. We leave and 300 yards up is a doe and two yearlings. Up another 300 and a good bucks was standing 100 yards in the crp. We are back in the stands now.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Good Luck today either you or George are gonna score...

I like the way you think lol. The damn deer around here aren’t in the trees. They out in the pasture going all over.

I’ve seen two deer so far and it’s been two little bucks. Watching one now.

Reactions: giles

Fletch

Supporting Member
I've been telling you for years that you have it made down south! Plenty of targets. Sure other places have bigger deer, but you gotta work for them!

Keep putting in the work! You got this.
Dave.... They definately got this.... Them Southern boys know how to put the meat on the table... So if I were a betting man, I'd bet one hits the ground soon.... Just gotta adjust your methods a little....

Fletch

Supporting Member
I don't have doubt, just being a cheerleader.
Yeh..... It's fun rooting for the team from the sidelines.... Anymore I really like seeing friends score.... Hell then I don't have to get my hands bloody.....

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
I don't have doubt, just being a cheerleader.

Well put your skirt on and pick up your pompom. The struggle is real hear. No rhyme or reason to the patterns. Little bucks are tearing it up, doe hiding, big boys are no show.

Crazy part is they pick me out of the tree like I’m waving a flag but will almost sniff the atv.

As I was typing this a doe and baby steps out. A 120+ following, biggest deer I’ve seen yet. Told myself I’m killing him they approach my area and when I decide to draw the doe spots me. He’s behind a wall of willows. I draw and does bounce for 20 yards and stop he thinks they running off and gets in an opening. I guess the yardage and let one fly over his back. I hate fucking bow hunting.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.

Hunter got him a doe. 147#

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
No ball pics for Giles. We tracked this morning for 3 hours. Deer never checked up as he was on a hot doe. Told Hunter it’s time to call it, I knew what was next. He was tore up you hear me. My eyes watered up and told him it’s gonna happen from time to time. Learn from it and move on. Sucks donkey docks for sure. I don’t even want to hunt anymore, we have basically 3 hunts left.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
No ball pics for Giles. We tracked this morning for 3 hours. Deer never checked up as he was on a hot doe. Told Hunter it’s time to call it, I knew what was next. He was tore up you hear me. My eyes watered up and told him it’s gonna happen from time to time. Learn from it and move on. Sucks donkey docks for sure. I don’t even want to hunt anymore, we have basically 3 hunts left.
It can happen anytime...gotta get back out there and hunt. You in Kansas boy!

Last edited:
Reactions: triple_duece

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Boys are hunting. I’m at the room. Went scouted the public. We got one day left. Gonna take the boys there in the morning.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
You better get your ass out there also! Never know what can happen. After dropping the boys off, go hunt somewhere totally different from where you’ve been. Enjoy the sights and take some pics. When you get home, you can all sit around your camp and tell your stories about Kansas.