Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Triple duece and clan Toto edition

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
You better get your ass out there also! Never know what can happen. After dropping the boys off, go hunt somewhere totally different from where you’ve been. Enjoy the sights and take some pics. When you get home, you can all sit around your camp and tell your stories about Kansas.

Not much for stories on this trip. Actually disappointed with it. Was expecting better but it is what it is. Tomorrow could changes things.

Plan is hunt tomorrow till whenever, go to lease and pull stands and load up trailer and come back to the motel to leave early morning.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Not much for stories on this trip. Actually disappointed with it. Was expecting better but it is what it is. Tomorrow could changes things.

Plan is hunt tomorrow till whenever, go to lease and pull stands and load up trailer and come back to the motel to leave early morning.
Sorry to hear the trip as far as deer are concerned was a bust.... Hopefully you made some memories in other areas that will last a lifetime... Sounds like you had more success in Mo. last year. Maybe do a repeat trip there next year... Maybe even think about Illinois... Illinois has always treated us good...

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well things has changed. 5:30 I was pulling up to the property and look across the fence and there stands a fucking giant. 8 pt w a drop, probably 160-170 idk. So he’s standing over a doe, she won’t move in open pasture. I back up some and they don’t move. Put it in park and step out and still won’t run off. Dj hunting 200 yards away up the draw. I made some noise and she goes towards dj w buck in tow. I tell dj he’s coming. He don’t see them as they diverted before reaching dj. Then I see them on the ridge of the pasture just standing there. If I’d had my bow w me I could’ve killed him.

So w all that said we have a change of plans.... we hunting the property. Omg I can’t get over that buck. Maybe we get a shot in the morning.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Have a save journey home.... Although I'm not a golfer I can relate that buck to a round of golf.... Your having a shitty day period and ready to throw the bag of clubs in the dumpster on the way to your vehicle... Then on the 18th hole you smack the shit out of the ball almost reaching the green... Now all of a sudden you love the game... Hope you had a great trip and as I said earlier have a safer journey home.... I can tell you one thing for sure: Your trip was better than mine.... Covid 19 won out... TRIP CANCELED... Too much negativity from family members... So God forbid I bring it home....
Sometimes life throws you a curve ball... Last year it was cancer this year it's Covid 19... Starting Monday I'm gonna hunt hard here in Jersey for a certain buck.... Come Dec. the bears better lay low... My 500 lb minimum just dropped to 50lbs.... And Dave I'm not a happy camper about my decision, so please don't bust my balls...

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Have to catchup on house duties. Cut the leaves, take care of my birds, unload truck and wash it. Going to get a hair cut right now, I’m way overdue.

Drove just over 2k miles on that trip.

Reactions: Sgt Fury