Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Turkey Season Live Update

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Rain will be good and bad for us because we will be on the WNF..its all timber..no fields. However..there's nothin tougher than tryin to close the gap on a big Gobbler in open timber with Dry leaves..Dry leaves give me big trouble when tryin to reposition..So..The rain will be ok with me because it will quiet the woods up...Either way..Them Southern Ohio WNF Gobbs are in for some serious trouble ...They're gonna do all they can do to survive the week out:smiley_bril:

Last edited:

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Just checked the forcast, lookin like rain till around 9 am. But i dont care! ima get out there and hunt some thunder chickens, im pumped!

Huckleberry Finn

Does youth season run after noon?

Very windy here. I don't like my chances of getting out of bed at 5am after going to bed at 4am this morning...but we'll see. I gotta get out there.

Huckleberry Finn

Had a good morning scouting. Got to my listening point and sat down and had a little bit of rain. I had 2 hens come within 30 yards of me just sitting there. Heard a gobbler probably 100 yards away go off 6 times. I was a little concerned that he was going to come up to the hens so I backed out and sat in an old tree stand off into the woods. Didn't hear a thing out of the hens. I sat for another hour and then walked to the back of the woods, didn't see or hear anything.

It felt good to be home!

Huckleberry Finn

And my best friend's sister just sent me a pic - Her boyfriend called in a gobbler this morning and she shot her first turkey! I will probably hunt out there this week, so there's one less bird lol but very cool nonetheless!

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
We had a tom, 3 jakes and 4 hens at 50 yards but just would'nt come any closer. The rain stopped at 6 here then started again at around 10 so we called it off for now. We might go back out this afternoon depending on what the weather is gonna do.