Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Turkeys spring 23'

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Damn that hurt me in the feels. I appreciate you taking me and giving me options on public. It’s not your fault I suck doing anything in the outdoors. The negatives of not being successful makes the successful ones that much sweeter. You probably ain’t seen the last of me! 😜
😁. We may find one to spoon feed ya after you get tired of chasing them. You know as well as I do the chase is the fun part anyway.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
@triple_duece - they started off pretty darn close to where you went close to camp. Mason roosted a couple there last night but couldn’t get to them this morning. They heard three jakes across the creek so they drove all the way around by my house and went after them. They were within 400 yards but had to drive 10 miles and hike another to get to them. 😁

Ohio
Farm work and softball have been running my life. Daughter missed one youth weekend and I shot mine opening day. Haven’t made time to get her back out. Saw a couple getting ready to roost last night. Going to see if she wants to go back out this weekend. Couple years back her and I shot one of our biggest toms last day of the season at 10am. That was a rush. Could barely see him in the hay field. Good luck to anyone that makes it out!

Wiley E Coyote

@triple_duece - they started off pretty darn close to where you went close to camp. Mason roosted a couple there last night but couldn’t get to them this morning. They heard three jakes across the creek so they drove all the way around by my house and went after them. They were within 400 yards but had to drive 10 miles and hike another to get to them. 😁
Surprisingly that area had very little pressure that first week until duece showed that Saturday morning. I wish I would have taken him in there the day before! I scouted it out well and had found a setup spot that would have worked out. So thick in there would have to walk a person in there. Just telling them it would be to hard to find. See you next spring Duece!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
IMG_8031.jpeg

That was a couple of well spent hours - for me. Mason on the other hand did not hear a bird. His buddy drove an hour to get here at 5 only to get shut out. Tomorrow they may gobble all day.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
That’s usually how it goes with stupid birds, right? Lol
It most certainly is. Different every day. If a guy can only hunt one day a week and on his day to hunt they are tight lipped, it would be very easy to believe “it’s over”. For me I think it is but that’s only because I’ll be spending my free time at the lake for now. 😁

Stressless

Keene, OH
As the spring turkey hunt winds down Dr. Woods gives us some evidence on what many of us have expressed on various threads regarding turkey populations and predators.

Reactions: Left field