Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Walleye Run

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
How long until you retire Sgt?
I have 33 years with Verizon and am waiting for them to come out with an offer. Could be months from now or it could be years. In addition to your pension and 401k, they periodically come out with offers to entice older workers to leave. The typical offer is $2200 for every year of service and $50,000 bonus. I’m just sticking around until it comes out. Last one they had was 2016 so we are due. Then I’ll be spending my time fishing, hunting and traveling with the wife.

Isaacorps

Columbus
Somebody say gators? We used to slay em back in the day...
AA0D95AD-116A-4B13-B78A-368CA6EDA4DB.jpeg

oopsagain

This sucks. Fugging raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock. Planned on hitting it hard this weekend. Doubt it's fishable. Glad you got on them again Nate
I drove thru that crap Thursday night after fishing. It was not a good time. I think I'm done with the river for the season.. I ended up with 35. Its been frustrating with the timing of rain and cold.

Reactions: Mike

Bigcountry40

Fished the Sandusky river in Fremont today, a few guys caught some nice fish, seen one roll, very muddy and fast water. I still think we are a week or two away in Fremont

Reactions: Mike and 5Cent

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Fished the Sandusky river in Fremont today, a few guys caught some nice fish, seen one roll, very muddy and fast water. I still think we are a week or two away in Fremont
Depending where in Fremont i could meet you for fishing this weekend or Tuesday next week.

I have to stay within 30 minutes of the tiffin hospital. Just need a heads up to grab my pole, table box and waders and such.

Reactions: Mike and giles

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
In my experience on both rivers, Fremont was always good as soon as the water begins to drop after rain, and is good for a week. The maumee just stays really good longer

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
You were fishing rising waters, which is never a good recipe for success. Like Ryan said, once she crests and comes back down, there will be plenty of cheek meat in there!

Reactions: Mike

Bigcountry40

In my experience on both rivers, Fremont was always good as soon as the water begins to drop after rain, and is good for a week. The maumee just stays really good longer
Maumee is like a 100 times better, Fremont is just so convenient for me, I didnt have very high expectation

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
SC closed all of its state ramps. This weekend will show in NC will follow suit. If people behave and don’t cause Johnny law too show up then it should be ok. I don’t have high hopes though.

Reactions: MoonLab and 5Cent