Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Walleye Run

Bowkills

Nw oh
i think the last year we had a mega freeze like this I was standing in the river in a t shirt 80 degrees in March. A stupid crazy spawn that year. 1st year since childhood I didn't fish the run was due to covid last year.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
7A0CE03E-A037-411D-B1A3-BD19EE0FB592.gif

Reactions: Isaacorps and giles

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
There's videos of guys doing it in yaks. Not sure if it's a great idea with the amount of powered watercrafts in close proximity.
Coincidentally I’m going to Delaware Wednesday to get a kayak that I can use in the back bays of the barrier islands near the ocean for fishing and clamming. Me and a buddy are also planning on going to Maine in august for brook trout, smallies and landlocked salmon. Not sure I would have the balls to go out on Erie.

OO2

In the Uplands
Coincidentally I’m going to Delaware Wednesday to get a kayak that I can use in the back bays of the barrier islands near the ocean for fishing and clamming. Me and a buddy are also planning on going to Maine in august for brook trout, smallies and landlocked salmon. Not sure I would have the balls to go out on Erie.
8E9E9F30-BFE8-4C9B-9F17-F0B751E78BA5.jpeg

its a blast I recommend it! We ferry them across to the islands and fish the leeward side! Very fishable and pretty safe but I always wear the life jacket. Sketchiest time was being on the exposed side of Gibraltar off the point when the wind kicked up and we got cross chop from the ferry, boat traffic, and the rocks thought for sure I was going for a swim.