Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Well Boys.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Congrats! Hopefully the area you hunt looks like those videos you see with big old swamp bucks cruising through....don’t know if that’s the kinda terrain near you or if it’s further north, but every time I see one of those videos it makes me want to go hunt down there!👍

Swamps and sloughs for sure, "big ole" bucks might be a challenge though. Plenty of deer in there but they're smaller than Ohio. I was looking up the harvest report for some bucks in the WMA close to the house. Average 4.5 year old scored 110 B&C and weighed 144 lbs. 😅. They shoot some dandy bucks in MS these days but most of them are in the northern part of the state or over in the Ms river delta. There are a ton of hogs in the WMA though. I'll figure out some spots in there and open the invite to come kill some.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Chase deer with dogs? I always wanted to do that. Giant rabbit hunt!

Yep. for sure. About 10 days at the end of November and almost a month from Christmas to Jan 20th. Not quite like rabbits though as most deer don't run in circles. More like a deer drive without human pushers. The deer stay out ahead of the dogs and hopefully a stander gets a crack at him.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Received final word today that we're clear to close Friday. The house here is moving a long also. They did the appraisal yesterday. We'll see where it lands. Neither realtor is worried about appraisal. , the women is paying stupid money for it. Some of these people buying houses have more money than sense. I wouldn't have paid list much less 8k over list. Whatever, I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Got both trailers loaded today too. Took the movers three and a half hours and I had about 1/4 of one loaded. Those guys are magic in how they can load a trailer. Not any wasted space anywhere. Going to head back to the house tomorrow to sweep up and haul off some junk. Hitting the road tomorrow evening for the 12 hour drive. It's just easier at night with a 2 and almost 4 year old.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Understand the whole driving at night with kids, we did it all the time as well.
Good luck and safe travels, Joe. Enjoy your time with the family and good luck on the closing.