Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Well it’s official

Fletch

Supporting Member
Got a jacuzzi tub and have yet too use it 😂
Yeh, but a hot tub you could send the wife out shopping with the credit card, then invite a couple of the local honeys over and tell them hunting and fishing stories....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
CCD190CA-57C8-4097-9BA6-923417C63C8C.jpeg
26207A7F-A5BB-495F-A4A9-8E4925A20034.jpeg

Spent Wednesday prepping a turnaround that I’ve been wanting too get done. Yesterday was a washout due too all the rain. Spoiled our drop and go of laying the asphalt and had too do some manual labor with a couple shovels. Got a decent covering down to get the tractor and bucket doing the rest. Have a nice turnaround and additional boat/truck parking now. Another project off the list.
My buddy and his tractor are heading north too the dirty thirty area for the summer. The plan is he’ll come down in the fall for a month or so and we’ll resume projects on the list around here.
We’re heading too Jacksonville NC in June too install cabinets and countertops at our other buddies Daughters place. And that’s it for the summer with projects for now.... Maybe..... 😂
Time for some food and much needed beer and relaxation.....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Coming up on a year being in the new home this week. Wow, is all I can say... It’s been a fun/exasperating experience too sum it up. The house is pretty much squared away with what we wanted too do. New kitchen counters, most of the rooms have been painted too the wife’s specifications 😂
Theres still a couple of projects that need too be accomplished but the big ticket items are done for the most part. Adding another ceiling fan in the garage, a new man door as well is in the works. A spot light on the one side of the garage for lighting up the property line needs added as well and the lighting will be completed and we’ll be able too see any unwanted critters that our knuckle headed shepherd will wanna chase off.
I will say i have some great friends who show up and and help me knock out projects and work for food and alcohol 😂 oh and some fishing as well....
Seems my trips too Ohio are averaging about once a month, and don’t see that diminishing any time soon 😂. The wife is up there currently watching the daughter and SIL’s house/dogs for the week. She’ll come home and I’ll be heading up a day later for Strouds 😂 Then of course deer hunting too follow.
The only frustration that has occurred has been the driveway and multiple inches of rain all in a short period of time. We’ve had 4 instances where we’ve had 4+”s of rain and wash out areas of the drive. But we’ve alleviated the majority of the problem areas but still have a few spots that need attention and some of them require a culvert replacement. Hopefully that’ll be done this winter, have the equipment, the material but we’ll be closing access too the Remote Control airplane park that shares the first 200’ of our right away. Still trying too touch base with their management too work out the details of shutting them down for a day or two. Don’t think it’ll be an issue but you never know.....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Garage was emptied and painted this week, my buddy was down for a week. He’s buying a house about 20 minutes from where we’re at and he’s been taking care of some of those details and has been staying here while doing it. He’s not the type too sit around and always has too be busy so we knocked out the garage painting. Did some rearranging and hung the second ceiling fan. Got some deer mounts up and and then swapped out a couple switches in the house that I didn’t like the feel of.
Some other friends are coming down in a couple weeks and we’re fishing lake Norman for 3 days and the day they get down we’re changing out a man door for the garage and adding the spotlight and putting the ceiling fans on their own switch too run and not have the lights on the rest of the garage as well.....It’s good too have friends in the trades 😂 Ones an electrician, ones a carpenter and the other gets tools, beer and climbs ladders 😂 I’ll be helping with the door and smoking ribs and brisket too keep these guys fat dumb and happy.... 👍🏼😂
Then off too fishapalooza for 3 days.....
BEC719C5-5DCA-4D43-BA03-E56623FFEF15.jpeg

The before

283DF0F2-F434-4EB3-BCDA-870F5DFDE388.jpeg

The after, gunner approved of course....